Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFood for your bottom feeders
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
Ok so i was just wondering what brands and or types of food do you guys like to put in with your bottom feeders. Your carnivores, herbivores,omnivores etc. Just wondering. Im having trouble finding a food i like.

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 06-May-2008 00:20Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
brandeeno

-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 636
male usa us-california
look onto keithgh's profile... he gives a detailed list of what he feeds to his tanks... great list too! includes veggies, prepared, live and etc foods...

\\\\\\\"an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure\\\\\\\"
Post InfoPosted 06-May-2008 02:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Brandeeno
Thank you for that now what can I say. Yes I think I have tried most foods and brands but my fish just love all the non fish foods. I must be doing something right I have those big old CLs. Fish are scavengers and being an old FW & SW fisherman nothing would surprise me any more or what things I have found in fishes stomachs.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 06-May-2008 06:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sora
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 96
Votes: 134
male usa
Ive looked at your food lists several times before keith.you really put alot of work into your fishes diet. I cant seem to settle on a food that my fish like. My most recent choice was aqueon bottom feeder tablets and my fish hate them They almost never eat them! So now im gonna have to go back to the shop and buy more sinking carnivore pellets. and i think i'll try some freeze dried bloodworms to.

The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we dont know what to do.
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2008 04:36Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
think i'll try some freeze dried bloodworms to.

I think I can save you a lot of money just collect some dry grass and feed them that.
I only use frozen Blood Worms I feed 4 cubes three times a week and I buy it bulk 10 packets at a time.
What is exactly your feeding program how much and how often also what time/s of the day. Is it possible they are over fed.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2008 05:38Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Rob1619
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 619
Votes: 626
male cyprus
look onto keithgh's profile... he gives a detailed list of what he feeds to his tanks... great list too! includes veggies, prepared, live and etc foods...

..yep that list and info sure is great

I know human beings and fish can co-exist peacefully.
Post InfoPosted 08-May-2008 09:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
Frozen bloodworms fed sparingly are good. If its for plecos who are nocturnal, they will find them in the dark in the tank.

I occasionally try frozen brine shrimp but I find it clouds the water and not really worth the trouble.

Blanched continental cucumber should be ok. If they don't eat it the first day, leave it in there till the day after.
I find some of mine like it more when its going a bit off.

A pleco breeder I know has recommended Sera Viformo tabs, so I have ordered some of those.

I have ordered a mix of other foods as well to see what my fish like the best.
Post InfoPosted 08-May-2008 10:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
amilner
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 654
Votes: 0
male uk
TetraPrima and TetraTabimin.
Post InfoPosted 12-May-2008 01:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jasonpisani
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 7215
Votes: 1024
male malta
I usually feed all my fish Tropical products & i feed my Corydoras a mixture of Spirulina Granulat, Spirulina Sinking Tablets & Welsi Gran.

I also feed Spirulina Sinking Tablets & Algae Wafers to my BN's.

There are other types of food like Cucumber, that is recommended with BN's.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/corydoras/
Member of the Malta Aquarist Society - 1970.
http://www.maltaaquarist.com
Post InfoPosted 14-May-2008 07:18Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
My experience is that Corydoras just love animal based foods, especially live Bloodworm - they go nuts for that!

My Otocinclus chomp on algae grown on rocks specially for the purpose, and also munch happily on Spirulina tablets, when the Corys let them get near them! Apparently the Spirulina tablets I have contain enough animal matter to be attractive to the Corys, even though their Spirulina content on the packaging is 30%. As a matter of fact my Panda Corys are going nuts over some tablets right this minute as I type this!

My Siamese Algae Eaters are also enjoying some of those tablets - when they bother to stop and eat them instead of chasing each other about, which they always do at feeding time for some bizarre reason!

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 15-May-2008 11:43Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies