Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribePygmy Corydoras
freejoe

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 227
Votes: 756
male canada ca-alberta
Has anyone ever kept these little guys. I bought some a couple of weeks ago and they are doing quit well now that I redused the size of the holes in my intake of my filter(lost two first day) they pretty much just school with my black neons rarly ever on the bottom

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences with them and if they have any words of caution for me

Thanks

Joe

The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an bacon and egg breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."
Post InfoPosted 06-Nov-2007 22:39Profile PM Edit Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
EditedEdited by Joe Potato
Yeah, most of the so-called "dwarf" cory species are mid-water swimmers.

Care is pretty much the same as any other cory, and you've already noticed that their small size will get them into a bit of trouble sometimes. Just think about your tank in regards to keeping fry (i.e. "Can a fry fit into this little nook and die?" ), and if you fry-proof it, it should be fine for pygmy corys.

They can be a little touchier with water conditions compared with bronze or peppered corys, but not any more difficult than pandas.

Congrats on your new, painfully-cute fish!
Post InfoPosted 06-Nov-2007 23:15Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I don't think I have ever seen them prompting a Google and this is what I found it may help you a bit more.

More Info

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2007 04:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Twilight
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 76
Votes: 92
female canada
They're a sweet, curious little fish that enjoy playing in a current. They like lots of company, and this may be why they're hanging out with your tetras. You didn't mention how many you have, but I'd suggest 8-10. As I recall, they like brine shrimp.

I vote! Do you?
Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2007 05:24Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
freejoe

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 227
Votes: 756
male canada ca-alberta
I have five, and I bought all seven that they had, I will defiantly get more as soon as one of my LFS get some in

The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an bacon and egg breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."
Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2007 18:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
All of the pygmaeus group fish have evolved such that they bear similar coloration with one if not more characin species with which they naturally occur. Thus, they spend a good amount of time schooling with smaller upper strata fish.
Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2007 21:11Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
Also, frankly, I have found them to be pretty much bulletproof.
Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2007 21:12Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies