Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAdvice needed for wigglers.
pugperson
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 953
Votes: 293
female usa
I am not sure the best place to post this since there is no longer a forum for breeding questions. Two of my angels have paired up, laid eggs.....all without me knowing....and looked into the tank this morning and I have wigglers. The parents so far are doing a good job of chasing the other occupants of the 75g out of their half of the tank. Thank goodness the tank is lightly stocked. My question is how do I take care of the fry now? Would it upset the parents unduly to fish out the other two angels in the tank and transfer them? I do have a 29g tank, but it is not set up and cycled. Will have to see if Heidi will take the other two angels until I get more tanks set up.

If there much of a change of any survival? I purchased a breeding net for the fry, but am not sure if they still need parental care to survive. Any suggestions welcome. Just at a time when I thought I had all males, I get this very pleasant surprise.

Post InfoPosted 27-Apr-2006 02:17Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Fish Guy
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1254
Votes: 2
male canada
I would just let the parents try and do their job now, but the fry will most likey be eaten by the others or even the parents once they are ready to breed agian. I would cycle that 29 gallon and place the parents in that after they are done with the current eggs and feed them well. When they breed in there after a week or so after the fry are hatched, take out the parents.
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2006 22:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Bob Wesolowski
----------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1462
male usa
EditedEdited by Bob Wesolowski
Then the question is, "What do I feed microscopic angelfish?" That question is quickly followed by, "What do you mean I should feed them newly hatched brine shrimp UP TO 5 times a day?" Followed by, "They are so small! How can they poop so much that I have to do a 50% water change each day?"

You thought having kids was bad, now have 300 of them!

Post InfoPosted 08-May-2006 03:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Fish Guy
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 1254
Votes: 2
male canada
Well you can hatch brine shrimp out in a small heated container ( the instructions are on the package ) or you can use hard boiled egg yolk but do not over feed with this stuff b/c it will cloud your water. I would probely go with 25% water change evey 3 days.
Post InfoPosted 08-May-2006 04:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
pugperson
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 953
Votes: 293
female usa
Thanks for all the advice. First batch of wigglers disappeared. But they laid more eggs and now have a small amount of wigglers. Will transferring them to another tank upset them enough to stop their breeding?
Post InfoPosted 16-May-2006 02:29Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
ACIDRAIN

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 1381
Votes: 416
male usa us-ohio
It can stress them for a short bit. Just be sure to transfer whatever it is they are breeding on with them. They may have a time before they spawn again, but they will spawn again for you eventually.

There is always a bigger fish...
Post InfoPosted 16-May-2006 14:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies