Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeAngel In A 10G
venustus
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
male usa
can i put an angel fish in a 10g or is that not enogh room?
Post InfoPosted 18-Aug-2006 18:01Profile PM Edit Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
I would say it's not enough room simply because the tank is not tall enough for a full-grown angel. My recommendation for a minimum tank size is a 20H.

Joe Potato
Post InfoPosted 18-Aug-2006 18:13Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
NowherMan6
---------------
-----
Fish Master
Kudos: 922
Votes: 69
male usa
A full grown angel looks pretty riduculous in anything smaller than something in the 70 gallon range.

That's not to say that they can't be kept in anything smaller, but angels get surprisingly huge - 8 or so inches tall, almost 6 inches long. Take out a ruler and hold it up inside a 20 gallon tall tank and just imagine a fish of those dimensions swimming inside that space. It's almost comical.

Short term a 20 or even a 10 is probably fine but it's certainly not a long term solution.

Back in the saddle!
Post InfoPosted 18-Aug-2006 18:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
illustrae
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 876
female usa
If it's a juvenile angel, then I don't see a problem starting out in a 20 gal. or so... but for full grown angels, you want a tank that is at least 18 inches tall and 30-36 inches long. Some breeders keep mated pairs in 30 gal. tall tanks where they are the only fish in there, and I think that is the minimum sized tank for a full grown angel.

Hoping that there must be a word for everything I mean...
Post InfoPosted 18-Aug-2006 19:13Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
As stated if it is a juvinile or you are using it to grow some fry on iot would be OK but only for a very short time. Other than that a big NONO as it will grow too big and they require a larger tank to show them selves especially when they mature they can get very large and graceful.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 19-Aug-2006 01:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
Mine took up a good portion of the 29g before he was found nose down in the gravel dead. Still no idea what happened. I'm wondering if a door slammed really loud and he bolted for a hiding place only to find he was far too large now for any of the caves in the tank and resulted in his head on the bottom. He probably wasn't even full grown and I was going to move him to my 55g because he looked a bit cramped in the 29g. I know people keep them in 20g high tanks but I think I'd go 29-30g minimum.
Post InfoPosted 19-Aug-2006 05:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies