L# Pages: 1, 2
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeBig Enough??
bettadude
Fingerling
Kudos: 15
Votes: 3
usa
o and wat fish do i mainly need to watch out for the shark or the gourami or even the pleco ......

experience is something you dont get until right after you need it
Post InfoPosted 13-Jan-2009 05:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 285
Votes: 34
male usa
no, they just use their mouth and suck the air directly into their lungs like humans and other animals do.probably the livebearers you have with them.
Post InfoPosted 13-Jan-2009 05:03Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
bettadude
Fingerling
usa
wait what about the LB???

Post InfoPosted 13-Jan-2009 05:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
they would probably be a snack for the others.
Post InfoPosted 13-Jan-2009 05:23Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
bettadude
Fingerling
usa
if worst come to worst and myy gouramis and shark eats the other fish will the gouramis fight the sharks??

Post InfoPosted 13-Jan-2009 05:26Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
i do not know i know little about about gouramis and next to nothing about sharks.what i would is click on site,click on home,click on profiles,type in the name of the shark you have,then read the profile,then find where it says compatible tankmates and click it, then check to see if gouramis are compatible.what more do you want me to do.ive told you already in previous threads to check on appropriate tankmates using this site to see if they are compatible with each other?
Post InfoPosted 13-Jan-2009 05:31Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
follow the advice mate,SLOW DOWN,take it easy!you dont have to fill your tank with fish rite away,just add a few then wait a couple of weeks,then add some more
Post InfoPosted 13-Jan-2009 05:46Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
this kid is infected with New Keeper Syndrome.It happens to most, and the best of us.the new people get into the hobby and rush into things inevetably buying more fish than a tank can support and frequently changing there mind.

related problems are New Tank Syndrome, and Old Tank Syndrome
Post InfoPosted 13-Jan-2009 06:23Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Shinigami

---------------
---------------
---------------
Ichthyophile
Catfish/Oddball Fan
Kudos: 2915
male usa us-delaware
Ammonia and nitrites are colorless, so even if your water has a lot of it and the fihs are dying, the water could be clear. Test kits are necessary to know if you have these or not.

Gouramis, plecs, nor rainbow sharks will consume adult livebearers. Fry might be eaten, but almost any fish will eat fry as long as the fry fits in their mouth. Gourami primarily eat insects, and plecs and rainbow sharks are primarily herbivorous (though they will eat invertebrates). In fact, it is impossible for any of these fish to fit an adult livebearer in their mouth.

Gourami can be aggressive, but usually just towards other labyrinth fish. They are usually not aggressive to other fish and make model citizens in a community aquarium. In fact, I recommend gourami almost all the time as they are hardy, attractive, and relatively peaceful. I highly doubt that they'd pick a fight with the shark, as it is too dissimilar.

Plecostomus do not have a labyrinth organ. They swallow air and absorb oxygen through their digestive tract. This works differently from a labyrinth organ, which is an organ connected to the gills.

--------------------------------------------
The aquarist is one who must learn the ways of the biologist, the chemist, and the veterinarian.
Post InfoPosted 13-Jan-2009 20:36Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
shinigami, i have seen first hand experience of an over run guppy tank and the guppys would eat the algae wafers before the pec could get it,the plec would cwim out of a cavern that was an aquarium decoration and now and then grab a guppy,though they were not completely full grown(about have size)they definately were not fry and he did in fact eat them.it was a hypostamus plecostamus,or the common pleco.though he may have only done this because he could possibly have been starving he still did it
Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2009 01:03Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Gourami
---------------
Mega Fish
Kudos: 477
Votes: 1
male usa
A pleco will not grab a live fish and eat it they don't have the right kind fo mouth for that. The gouramis should be just fine. I have been keeping gouramis with live bearers for years and never had any problems. That pleco you got there is gonna get too big for your current tank though. you may want to think about replacing him with soemthing that will fit in there more long term. After awhile you aren't going to want to part with him and he will out grow that tank pretty fast.
Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2009 12:57Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
gourami i swear to go he ate a guppy,he would also swim upside down and skim flakes off the surface with his mouth.
Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2009 15:34Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
bettadude
Fingerling
usa
this is sorta off topic by what i asked but not completely off topic for the title, but anyways i had to go with my sister to her friends house and he had a 10+ inch goldfish with a 6+ inch plecto IN A 10GALLON i felt so bad for those fish as every time they moved some part of them came out of the water!

Post InfoPosted 17-Jan-2009 22:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cichlid Kid
-----
Fish Addict
male usa
yes,just alone that pleco produces enough waste,plus the goldfish which for every inch needs about ten gallons.there are loads of things wrong to as plecos need warmer water than goldfish(coldwater) and they wouldnt be together in the wild which is very unnatural.i feel bad too, also if he moved them to seperate properly sized tanks they would grow larger which is always cool to see.
Post InfoPosted 18-Jan-2009 23:11Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies