L# Lemon Yellows for a 29g?
SubscribeLemon Yellows for a 29g?
kmlubahn6609
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 127
Votes: 2
female usa
I'm trying to stock my 29 gallon aquarium. The only thing I have in it now is a guppy to cycle. (but i can put it in my 15 gallon, which is also empty and cycling with one guppy). Has anyone had any luck with Lemon Yellows? I guess they dont get too big. What other fish would go well with them? Are there an ciclids that would do well in a 15 gallon!
THANKS!

I've got a fever... and the only prescription... is more cowbell!
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:03Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
chapman76
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 68
Votes: 0
male usa
Lemon yellow? Not sure what that is. If you're talking about a yellow lab or sometimes called electric yellow, then a trio would be fine in a 29g.

Cichlids for a 15g would be shellies, apistogramma, rams, and kribs. All of those would work in a 29g too.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:03Profile PM Edit Report 
greenmonkey51
----------
Fish Master
Kudos: 1692
Votes: 5
male usa
i wouldn't suggest electric yellows they get to big and are too active. have you looked at tangaykins there are a lot of different one that would be good in that
betahex
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 352
Votes: 0
in my opinion, electric yellow labs would work very well in a 29 gallon tank.
littlemousling
---------------
---------------
Conchiform
female usa
Lemon yellow usually means Neolamprologus leleupi, guys, not Labidochromis caeruleus, the Yellow Lab/Electric yellow.

A pair of Lemons would do very well in a 29; you might even be able to have a pair of a small Julidochromis species in with them. Fill the tank with rocks, add six juveniles, and wait for them to pair off.

Cycling with one guppy is not going to allow you to stock anything with much more bioload than one guppy. I suggest you remove the guppy and do a fishless cycle with household ammonia - this will let you add in a group of fish with no worries.

The 15 - there are lots of great choices for that size tank. Assuming you have hard, basic water (the leleupi will need it), your best bet is a shelldweller species. Fun, attractive, and sure to impress you friends, these include species like N. multifasciatus, N. brevis, N. similis, Lamprologus ocellatus, L. meleagris, L. speciosus, and a bunch of others.

-Molly
Visit shelldwellers.com!
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:03Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
inkodinkomalinko
---------------
-----
Fish Guru
Kudos: 833
male usa
I'd stick to just the leleupi actually. I have mixed opinions on having a breeding pair of leleupi and julies, since both can eventually try to dominate the tank. I'd stick with leleupis, since the fry will take care of future generations. Though very slow growers, these are pretty unique fish and attractive.

The 29 gallon would be good for a pair of leleupi. I'd keep the 15 gallon for fry (I'd only fill it up half way, that way it's easier on the fry, and fill it up when the fry get larger)
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies