Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
Need to know what size aquarium first ... if he's on his own in anything under a 30 gallon, I'd leave him there as he's probably used to having the entire tank as his territory ...

Even in a larger aquarium (say a 55 or bigger) chances are he'll be a tad annoyed at having to share what was his exclusive domain with something else. However, if that something else is a female Convict, and you introduce them carefully, he could accept that ... having to turn over part of his bachelor pad to a lady being the price he gets to pay for being able to fill the world with lots of little junior Convicts.

However, if the introduction is handled carefully, I suspect he'll forget all about being a lone bachelor in his watery condo once he discovers the fun of having a regular girlfriend

If you're not thinking of breeding anything, then the situation becomes more complex. Because you can't use the lure of a fothcoming wedding night to distract him from the fact that part of his domain is being taken over by some interloper(s). Before suggesting possible other Cichlids to live with him, though, I'd need tank size data. It's perfectly possible to have a Convict and several other feisty Cichlids living together, but they need space if you're going to pull it off with only occasional flaring of fins taking place. Wouldn't chance it in less than a 55, and for a decent community of medium sized Central American Cichlids, I'd be looking at a 90 or up.

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 10-Sep-2006 01:59Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
venustus
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
male usa
he died
Post InfoPosted 14-Sep-2006 05:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
niko001
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 54
Votes: 8
male malta
Sorry to hear that.
Post InfoPosted 15-Sep-2006 14:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
sorry for your loss

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 15-Sep-2006 15:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies