Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeTEXAS quarters
charlieogilvie
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 32
Votes: 2
male uk
i have two pairs of texas cichlids, males about 4 inches. they are doing each other a lot of damage in the 48''x18''x12'' that i am keeping them in. do you think the less dominant pair will be ok in a 24''x15''x12'', its well filtered and empty except a small plec 4'' and the redundant small female texas that i bought to be sure of getting 2 pairs (although she can move to my large comunity tank if needs be).
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2007 15:15Profile MSN PM Edit Report 
freejoe

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 227
Votes: 756
male canada ca-alberta
the way it sounds they will do alot better in the smaller tank if they are getting beat up badly, but this solution will not last long once they get bigger and out grow the tank

good luck

Joe

The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an bacon and egg breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."
Post InfoPosted 04-Jan-2007 18:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
EditedEdited by hokese
or get yourself a divider,you can buy them from any good LFS,or what i did was get the clear perspesheets of clear or coloured plastic) from bunnings(local hardware store)measured and cut it to size and drilled the holes myself,this is also cost effective too,and when aggresion does break out,u can seperate them rite away.of course dividers are only a temperary solution,but they just give you time to sort something out or find new quarters for the aggresive fish,good luck
Post InfoPosted 05-Jan-2007 12:09Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies