SubscribeiS One Convict Cichlid OK?
daddySEAL
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 68
Votes: 3
male usa
EditedEdited by daddySEAL
I have no desire to breed Convicts(because of their extreme aggression during breeding), but would like to have just one in my 55g tank, with a few other cichlids, because they are an old favorite variety/species of mine from many, many years ago.

Do they do alright singly, with other fish in a 55g tank?

thanks
Post InfoPosted 11-Mar-2008 16:51Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
freejoe

----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 227
Votes: 756
male canada ca-alberta
I have had a single convict living with a Jack Dempsey, Jagaur, pleco and a silver dollar for the last two years they do not have any aggression towards each other all are healthy and happy.

The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an bacon and egg breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."
Post InfoPosted 11-Mar-2008 18:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
daddySEAL
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
Thanks again, freejoe.

I hope the fish store will take back the other 3 in the tank now (they were well fed, healthy and larger than when I bought them. I'd like to exchange them for colorful Rams!

Great!
Post InfoPosted 11-Mar-2008 19:48Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
daddySEAL
-----
Enthusiast
male usa
EditedEdited by daddySEAL
Oh, Shoot...
Just as I thought they don't take returned fish for reimbursment or trade....unless they are dead in the 2 week guarranty period.

But I talked to the store owner who told me (because I'm a good regular customer, having bought a few hundred dollar for power filters and other fish) that they would take them back...but just for their wholesale cost.
(let's see at 1/3rd the $2.50 I paid for each...I'd get a whopping $2.50 refund).

Well, it's better than nothing, so I'll do it for credit on a Blue Acara (which will cut that fishes price in half. I'll be heading their way this weekend to swap them out.
Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2008 01:20Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies