Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeGoldfish female or male
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 83
Votes: 6
female usa
Hey everyone, My sister has some black moores goldfish and she was wonderening How can you tell which is a female or a male?
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:00Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
what size, often adults with breeding males will have tubericals or something like that, often look like white dots of the face. but some breeders can tell that females are fatter than males, but i find this hard to tell.

if she really want to breed them, get a 75 long with about 4 moors and a breeding mop, and alow them to breed that way.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:00Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
Not really sure what you are asking but they are about 3 inchs long, i dont know much about goldfish never really been a goldfish fan, unless its a fantail, i was just asking this question for her really
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:00Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Sponge_Bob
-----
Banned
Kudos: 176
Votes: 11
male canada
It's quite hard to sex goldfish and I've never been able to do it except when a female is about to spawn. At that time, the female will be chased by males until she is completely exhausted. Only then will she release her eggs. If you leave the eggs in there, forget about 'em. You'll have a bunch of happy burping goldies, including the female, right after the feast they had on FRESH CAVIAR.

I wrote an article about gathering the eggs and building an incubator tank. You might want to read it. Here's the lkink :

http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/forums/General%20Freshwater/67370.html?200512241246

Hoping that will be of some help to you / sister.

Sponge
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DwarfGourami
-----
Hobbyist
female usa
Thanks for the info i will tell her.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:00Profile MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies