AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Aquaria
 L# Coldwater, Watergardens, and Ponds
  L# Will a pond lets say 3963g/15000Liters..
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWill a pond lets say 3963g/15000Liters..
Rob1619
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 619
Votes: 626
male cyprus
knock your socks of when you get the electricity and water bill?...
I heard that a big pump can be more expencive to have than 2 smaller pumps..is that true?
Iam thinking to build a pond 5Mx3Mx100..L/W/H.That will be 3963g i think.
Or i will build a smaller one like 3mx3mx0,8m.
What iam worried about it's the electricity/water bills.
Anybody here who has a big pond..and how much do you pay yearly..
Thanks
Robby

I know human beings and fish can co-exist peacefully.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:22Profile PM Edit Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Cant really help all that much (unfortunatly ) but wanted to comment on the pump issue. Two smaller ones rated to the same ammount as one larger one may be more efficient the way I see it. I'm sure there are differences in ponds and tanks (mainly the gallonage issue ) but if you have two smaller pumps at different ends of the pond vs. one large one they should be able to circulate the water more effectivly.

Now this could be just me being an 'american idiot' (please note reference to the greenday song and not an actual attack) but doesn't norway get cold ? . I'd worry about how much electricity you'd waste keeping part of it thawed for gas exchange in winter. Just something to think about .

^_^[hr width='40%']
"Has someone taken your faith? It's real, the [link=pain]http://babelfish.qwertydigital.com/" style="COLOR: #EB4288[/link] you feel.
The life, the love, You die to heal.
The hope that starts, The broken hearts...
I’ve got another confession my friend, I’m no fool.
I’m getting tired of starting again, Somewhere new."

Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:22Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
esandbergger
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 128
Votes: 0
female usa
Actually i would think that if he were located by the coast that is actually quite warm, relatively speaking. My stepfather used to go swimming in late fall. THe ocean currents tend to keep things at a more even keel....
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
I believe that Robby is located in Cyprus, so the matter is moot anyhow.

I don't actually have a pond, but I'll bet that it would bring up your electricity bill somewhat to own one. A high-light saltwater reef tank of, say, 125 gallons can add quite a bit to the bill, so I'd assume that a large pond like the one you propose would bring costs up.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:22Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Sideburns Dave
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 105
Votes: 21
male canada
it depends on the pump that you use and your filtration.I cannot think of the wattage for a pump for that size pond but off-hand I know a Laguna 900gph pump is only rated for 65W some pumps the same size may be more wattage. Shop around and see what pumps you can get and check the wattage, a more expensive pump may save you money in the long run. Also remember if you use UV sterilization it will add to your power consumption too.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:22Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies