Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribemoving need info
lisalisa
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 0
female usa
I have a small aquarium with several goldfish. I am moving next week and I have to drive about 400 miles. I dont intend to stop along the way, we are driving straight through. Does anyone ahve any suggestions on how to package the goldfish to limit the stress of the move and the long drive? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile PM Edit Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
are they going into a bigger tank, b/c that is unexceptable right now,

anway, how many fish are we talking about. just to figure out the best way.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
ACIDRAIN

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 1381
Votes: 416
male usa us-ohio
There are several ways to move them, depending on how many you have. You can put them in some buckets with lids, and put a hole in it, and place an airstone in the water around them. You can purchase battery opperated aereators at bait stores, K-Marts, Walmarts, and most anywhere that sells fishing supplies. Doing it this way, you should have no problems.

Another way, is to buy some bags large enough to hold them and the water, and package them up like you would get them at your lfs. You can usually purchase bags at your lfs. And many times they will sell/give you a styrofoam box that they get their shipments of fish delivered in. Just keep them in a dark area, like a box or a bag, for the trip. This will help keep them calmer, and less active. In the dark, not only keeps them less stressed because they cannot see anything, but by keeping them less active, they do not use up as much oxygen as if they were excited and active. And it also keeps them from producing a lot of waste, as they would if they become more active and excited.

Either way, use water from the tank that they are in. This will also add to the help of less stress on them.

Good luck in your move.
And HTH.....

There is always a bigger fish...
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
lisalisa
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 0
female usa
Thank you for the invaluable information.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies