Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribemy gold fish and new tank
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 41
Votes: 3
male usa
i wish u could have seen the photos but im not a member so im working on the picture
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile PM Edit Report 
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
go look in my fresh water witch i plan to put fresh warm water fish calledhttp://fishprofiles.com/files/forums/General%20Freshwater/66053.html?200511092208in my new not equiped found in shed planning to have fresh warm water is this good
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
what is a water chimany?? and where can i get java moss (wicth i was looking for months)
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Have a look through [link=their profile]http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/profiles/fighter.xml" style="COLOR: #EB4288[/link]

SOME wild caught types dont, but most all of the commercially sold ones do. Even if they didnt fight you shouldn't keep more than one in the tank as it's rather on the small side. Smaller tanks are more likely to have instability problems with the water quality which can easily lead to illness and death.

^_^[hr width='40%']"Ank -Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there." ~The Truth [link=Terry Pratchett]http://www.terrypratchettbooks.com/" style="COLOR: #EB4288[/link]

Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
why do the bettas fight?? i need all the information like if there saltwater and all of that until i know i will open up a section on what ever the bettas are thank u all for the information
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
thank u all
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
In case you haven't found out yet you can't put a male betta in with females unless it's a huge tank. The male will beat up the females.
gaulfinger
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 22
Votes: 66
male usa us-tennessee
That cloudiness could likely be the tank cycling. Have you read about cycling? You can find info under the "Articles" section. Anyway, there are critical bacteria that need to develop in the tank. They live in the gravel and the filter and consume the waste products from the fish and make it less toxic. Until they grow, the fish are basically swimming in ammonia. It can take several weeks for the process to work through.

Your pets need a larger home (fast) to keep from being poisoned. It can burn them, especially their gills, edges of fins, etc. It can be very painful and even deadly for the fish.

I have two goldfish in a 29 gallon tank with a relatively large filter system (can filter the entire tank every six minutes) and it takes frequent water changes (15% twice a week) to keep the water quality in check. These fish are about a year old and will step up to a 72 gallon tank eventually. They get that big.

If your tank has been set up a while and you think it's not cycling, then it could also be too much food. Goldfish can show a lot of personality and will "perform" for food. It's easy to want to feed them more than they can handle.

Good luck,
Gary
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
the fish are really messy this was a picture be 4 they take a bath thank you
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/WizeGuy001/PICT0020.jpg

here is a photo it looks all orange because of the light but its really all blurry and the fake gems and fake perals look green ensted of blue so here it is
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
any advice i need to know i got a 2.5 liter tank with 5 goldfish. im a bigener and found a tank that my brother used along time ago but left it in the shed since he had a tropical fish out side in winter...it froze like a popsical. but any advice on how to take care of gold fish. i got that and a filter with perals and gems on the floor and 82 bottles of fresh drinking water so i need water conditioner and any other thing??they always dont
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
well first breeding doesn't happen by adding 1 male with two females and dreams of haveing them breed. the betta forum is a better place to find info, but please do not get bettas just for breeding, it is often hard for beginners, and if done the wrong way, it can scar u for life.

Last edited by bettachris at 09-Nov-2005 21:30
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
please now give me some info on bettas oh and i finnished cleanning that id say 29 gallon tank i need to know all the info on the bettas thanks agian but i still got 4 goldes what should i do??i cant just flush them so now what??my golde was named cyber but when i saw him we was laying side ways on the bottom gasping for air i removed him and put him in clean water... when i woke up he he!! was deadim so mad but now he died so i cant do nothing about it his new name was jack 2 hours be 4 he was on the floor of the tank.. i just need all the info you can get and about breeding bettas:#(ill miss u jack.. shiny with alittle white scallsi hope u get some info on the idea thanks
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
yes, in fact i do have a cover... i might get 1 male betta and 2 female betta and do you think this is good since its like 2.5 liters+ and by the way out side were i live theres alot of cats so probaly not get pond for those
$0.26+tax common golde and those bettas u requsted by the way... gold fish are messy im going to find my cammra to show in like 8 hours with a 1-3 gallon filter grows very very cloudy sad to say but my best golde was young and could not handle the cloudy water..when he got hungy he would look to me and not run when i put food on topnow i got to get over it thanks agian for the betta idea
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Even for fry that sized tank (just over half a gallon for those in the states that are too lazy to convert :%)) is much too small.
I wouldnt keep fry in anything smaller than a 10 gallon, with plans to move them up to a 20 quite quickly (once they're much more than an inch). After that they'll rapidly need much larger. For 5 goldfish you'll need as a minimum a 75 gallon tank for the dimensions if they're fancy goldfish and a pond if they're common or "feeders".

If these are fish you purchased at your Local Fish Store (LFS) you may consider talking to them and returning them for credit. If you were given these fish by someone the above still holds true. Talk with your LFS about them being adopted if you cannot provide them proper housing (as outlined above). And for that sized tank about the ONLY thing you can keep in it is one male betta if the tank has a cover. Otherwise you might want to use it as a candy bowl.

^_^[hr width='40%']"Ank -Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it, so long as it was there." ~The Truth [link=Terry Pratchett]http://www.terrypratchettbooks.com/" style="COLOR: #EB4288[/link]

Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
kitten
----------
Fish Guru
Meow?
Kudos: 2194
Votes: 19
female usa
What kind of goldfish? Fancies or comets?

In any case, goldies are very messy fish, and you need a very large tank to keep them, or a pond for the comets. They're BIG fish! Take a look at the entitled [link="I think we need some info on goldfish"]http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/forums/Coldwater/64646.html?200511081931" style="COLOR: #00A0AE[/link] for some ideas on how big your fish are really going to get.

In any case, put lots of filtration on the tank to attempt to keep up with the waste production... goldfish are BIG waste producers. I think you MIGHT get by with ONE fancy goldie in a 30 gallon, but that would be pushing it. I think general suggested minimum for goldies is about 55 galons, and twenty more gallons per goldie after that. (So 55 plus 20 for two goldies, 55 + 20 + 20 for three... etc). Comets belong in ponds, really, or a REALLY huge tank.

On the other hand, I've never personally kept goldies, because I just do NOT have the space they require. Sigh... some day!

~Meow. Thus spoke the cat.~
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile Homepage AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
im cleannig a 30 gallon tank that i found in my shed and its drying this second
TheCrow2794
-----
Hobbyist
male usa
the gold fish are fry
dan76
----------
Big Fish
Always Reading Posts
male australia
i think that tank is a little small

OH TOLEEDY!
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:59Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies