Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribetips for breeding goldfish.
Guppy gurl
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 79
Votes: 15
female usa
i want to breed my goldfish...so can u tell me some tips. also what are some good informational websites about breeding golies. are there any good books. is breeding gold fish easy.is raising the fry easy.(sry 4 all the questions.lol.)
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:00Profile PM Edit Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
on a side note, the gold fish market like the betta market is saturated, so breeding for profit is almost slim to none.

as u may know, u will need a tank of around 100+ gallons to breed a group of goldifsh, but a more important note, is to have 100+ gallon tanks or pond to house all the babies/ adults.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:00Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Fishy-Fishy
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 15
Votes: 0
female uk
I've got the opposite problem, mine won't stop! Bettachris is right though, you need a massive amount of space for all the fish which is why I never bother hatching any of the eggs.
If you really want to breed then make sure you have enough space and more importantly homes for the new babies. I haven't done anything special with mine to get them to spawn, just make sure the water quality is good, the diet is varied and you've got at least one boy and girl.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Johnny the Oranda
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 237
Votes: 82
male usa
Can fancy goldfish spawn and lay eggs?
Fishy-Fishy
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 15
Votes: 0
female uk
Yes, mine are fancies. This is why goldfish are so cheap, because they are so easy to breed. Like I said though, I've never raised the fry because I don't have the space so I couldn't comment on how easy it is to raise them. Just know that getting the fish to lay fertile eggs is pretty easy!
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies