Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribePregnant or Obese?
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
My TB i think, is pregnant. Im not sure but its belly has gotten rounger, and its anal fins have a dark triangle to them. Does anybody have a clue as to what is happening? If it is pregnant, what should i do?

BTW, What are the signs for spotting pregnacy?

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 23-Mar-2007 23:00Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Report 
OldTimer
---------------
-----
Mega Fish
USAF Retired
Kudos: 1294
Votes: 809
male usa
It very well could be that you have a female TB and she is filling with roe. I really don't believe there are any other definite signs if this is the case other than the visual that the stomach area is getting rounder.

Males do have a tendency to be a bit more brighter or intensely colored.

Jim

Water, taken in moderation, cannot hurt anybody. -- Mark Twain
Post InfoPosted 24-Mar-2007 00:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
tigermom
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 48
Votes: 59
female usa
EditedEdited by tigermom
Actually one of my green tb just died who had an enlarged stomach. I dont know if the death and the stomach are realted but when i purchased her and five others two months ago they were fine. About two weeks ago i noticed the stomach and it seemed a little larger, she was staying away from the others and floated at a downwards angle. I assumed she was fine because she still ate and figured she just didnt want to be bothered with the others. Then yesterday afternoon i found her floating at the top of the tank. Well hope this helped sorry its a little graphic. Dont really know if its all realted but just a heads up.

tigermom

r.i.p. Belli
Post InfoPosted 27-Mar-2007 12:31Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
GobyFan2007
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 363
Votes: 65
male usa
Im so sorry.......Your TB mustve had a disease. This one is not floating at a weird angle, and it is activley chasing the others. I just think that it mustve gotten pregnant, as it became more comfortable. It has all of the signs of......Gravidness?

><> ~=!Vote Today!=~ <><
-----> View My Dragons <-----
Post InfoPosted 27-Mar-2007 14:06Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies