AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Freshwater Aquaria
 L# General Freshwater
  L# Missing fish turn up 4 weeks later ????
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMissing fish turn up 4 weeks later ????
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
EditedEdited by keithgh
About one month ago in the 5ft tank I lost 6 Yoyo loaches all perfectly healthy up till a water change, about the same time in the 45lt 2 banded khuli and one Otto disappeared. I put this down to some thing in the water supply.

A few days ago the Khuli loaches appeared and today just after the weekly water change the Otto was happy cleaning the glass.

The joys of fish keeping

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 13-Oct-2008 10:06Profile PM Edit Report 
Rookie_Boy1
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 27
Votes: 0
EditedEdited by Rookie_Boy1
Makes you wonder where they went, doesn't it?

The same thing happened to me except it was a guppy who went missing for a fortnight and reappeared amongst the other fish at feeding time like it had been there all along. I searched for an hour or so for him, the tank was at that time non-planted.. so it just had water, gravel, ornaments and the fish.

Another time my BN disappeared for a week.. and reappeared. I can remember how surprised I was when I saw him (he was only a inch and half long or so) scooting along the floor looking for food. I actually thought he was dead, cos I had pulled up all the ornaments out of the tank and he wasn't in the tank.. so either he was hiding in the tank somewhere I couldn't find him or he was attached to one of the ornaments.

It is nice when they reappear healthy and normal! Especially cos their absence are supposed to mean they're dead & had been eaten by the other fish.

R_Boy1
Post InfoPosted 13-Oct-2008 10:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Wingsdlc
----------
Fish Guru
What is this?
Kudos: 799
male usa
In my 55G planted tank I have two skunk loaches and a rainbow shark that I see every two weeks at most. Every once in a while I might be able to find them hiding in the base of the drift wood or around rocks but not very often. The shark is at least 5" long so he is quite impressive at hiding.

55G Planted tank thread
19G Container Pond
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/Wingsdlc/Ric
Post InfoPosted 13-Oct-2008 12:13Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
The Mutant Goldfish
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 31
Votes: 8
male usa
Sorry to hear about your Yoyo Loaches. I had one years ago that survived an accidental bleaching (yes, bleach as in clorox)!

---
Born in radioactive waters, the Mutant Goldfish swims...
Check out my profile to see my tank setup(s)!
Post InfoPosted 13-Oct-2008 15:33Profile Homepage AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
I think I hold the record for a missing invertebrate. Last year I had a wood shrimp go missing for 3 and a half months before he suddenly appeared one night at feeding time. It was bizarre.
Post InfoPosted 13-Oct-2008 17:45Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Bubblebrain
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 39
Votes: 22
male australia
during winter i only saw my tandanus catfish in my pond once a month (3 times). now i see it almost every day. i bought a sooty grunter last week and put it in my pond, but i haven't seen it since letting it out of the bag.

sometimes i don't see my khuli loaches in my guppy tank for months at a time. but the funny thing is, since one of them died (only one left now), it appears alot more often. its over 5 years old now (probably why the other one died, old age).

hi
woot woot woot woot woot woot
Post InfoPosted 14-Oct-2008 11:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
divertran
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 469
Votes: 165
male usa
EditedEdited by divertran
sorry to hear about the yo-yos, by far my favorite fish. But I do go for weeks at a time without seeing my ottos, they just don't come out when anyone's around. They move pretty quick too, when they see ya.
Post InfoPosted 15-Oct-2008 19:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
HOKESE
-----
Mega Fish
Kudos: 478
Votes: 271
male australia
EditedEdited by hokese
i had a LARGE bn go missing,i searched for him for like over a week,i honestly thought he was dead,being such a pig,it was weird that he was missing dinner!i ended up finding him gaurding a batch of eggs,rite up in the very front end of my pirate ship!i would think its easy for em to vanish,even more so for bottom feeders/catfish,living in the tank 24/7,they get to know it with there eyes closed...
Post InfoPosted 16-Oct-2008 07:31Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies