SubscribeAnudias nana trimming
juwel-180
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 212
Votes: 17
male uk
hi guys

I have a rather large anudias nana growning in my tank and would like to put some in another part. I dont want a new plant so i am asking can i take a cutting from my old one easily with out hurting the plant. If any one has any tips of how or where to cut it or if it is even possible to cut it please do post thanks guys
Post InfoPosted 25-Jan-2007 23:53Profile PM Edit Report 
sham
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 2782
Votes: 98
female usa
Yea just cut the main stem(rizome) that the leaves are growing out of. Make sure there are several leaves and roots on the section your cutting so it has a good chance to live. I recently cut a large anubias nana into 5 plants and all are growing fine. All I used was a sharp pair of scissors, pulled it out of the tank, and made straight cuts on the rizome to divide it. It actually grows 10times faster after it's been cut. Within a few months the original plant actually looks like it has more leaves than before I cut it up.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2007 00:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Jubs

---------------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 131
male usa us-washington
After you cut the rhizome like stated above you can take a knife of razor blade and make a bunch of shallow small slices into the rhizome, this will stimulate it to start growing new leaves. This a trick to getting thick bushy anubias I have some nana "petites" with 3/4"-1" that have 20+ leaves growing off of them using this method.
Post InfoPosted 29-Jan-2007 13:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies