---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
Kudos: 1997
Votes: 670
male usa
Ok,

Just some impressions so you may get a feel for the tank and its position.

Here is a shot showing the cabinet in its current function, storage. I think during the course of this week I will go ahead and start to set up some stuff, like affixing the wiring from the outlet over the ceiling into the cabinet.

Attached Image:

The Cabinet

Proud Member of the New Jersey Aquatic Gardeners Club
Post InfoPosted 04-Jun-2006 22:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Here is shot taken from the side where the 125G is located. Actually, I am standing right in front of that tank and between these two is a couch and a small coffee table. The power cord will be tied to the pipe on the right, coming from the ceiling. The boxes on the left contain the Eco.

This will be the main view of the tank, hoses and stuff will be coming into the tank from the right short side.

Attached Image:

Main View

Post InfoPosted 04-Jun-2006 22:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Here is a look along the tank from the other side, facing into the basement with the 20G QT on the counter. Sorry that the image seems a little out of focus, a better shot of the 20 will follow in its own log in a few minutes (in the aquascaping forum).

Attached Image:

Tank from on right side, facing the 20G

Post InfoPosted 04-Jun-2006 22:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Last but not least, if you look at the last shot and imagine that you step forward until you are in front of the tank, and then turn and stare into the tank, this is what you would see behind it.

The rather empty spot on the right next to the 125G, that is currently having a round shaped chair, will be the spot where the 29G from my office will go.

I guess the room will then qualify as a fish room, won't it .

Attached Image:

View through 40G into 125G

Post InfoPosted 04-Jun-2006 22:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
tetratech
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 1074
male usa
Yeah, when I started to view the latest pic "Fish Room" came into my mind. Now I have LF Envy and he's got the wood too.

My poor tank is stuck in my kitchen. It's certainly not a place of escape where I could play with my tanks. I guess I'll have to wait to the kids go to college, although I have an office in the house where I'm debating where to put my darkside setup. Bedroom or office.

My Scapes
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2006 00:55Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
TW

----------
Fish Master
* * *Fish Slave* * *
Kudos: 278
Votes: 338
female australia au-newsouthwales
Seriously nice pieces of wood Ingo. Look forward to seeing what you do. I've seen p[ics of tanks with the beach effect. I can't quite imagine how you prevent the lines being intermingled when you gravel vac & what not. How is that managed?

Cheers
TW
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2006 01:05Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Thanks you two, and don't worry tetratech, I may have the wood and the room, but you still know much better on what to do with it

Robyn, I believe the vacuuming of sand does simply not happen (again a thing where tetratech knows more about this than I do). You just move the hose over the sand so it removes lose debris from the top. Maybe tetratech should explain it to both of us.

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2006 01:29Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Alex
---------------
Fish Addict
male australia
Meanwhile in a different thread about smoking

LITTLE_FISH :
I guess my wife could get me to quit is she would let me have 4 more tanks

make that 3 more now

''All the clown fish and yellow tangs in the world cant save you now!''
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2006 10:22Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa

Alex,

You sure are paying attention there

Well, to defend my smoking habbits, I actually wrote that entry when the tank in itself was already purchased. So I guess the count would be still "4 additional tanks" .

Good one,

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2006 13:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
slickrb
----------
Enthusiast
Go Gators!
Kudos: 47
Votes: 99
male usa
Ingo,

So when are you going to start charging people to come visit this community aquarium your building!

Rick
See all my pictures at Google Web Albums
Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2006 15:13Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
So when are you going to start charging people to come visit this community aquarium your building
For you my friends I will wave any fees

As long as you bring a six pack, something to talk about, and a clipping from one of your plants.

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 05-Jun-2006 15:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Ok Gang,

It's time for some more concerns,

1) This weekend, the main tank (125) is ready for some pruning, actually it has to have some pruning. I cannot add any clippings to other tanks as the 20 is under Ich treatment and the 29 is pretty full (floating is also not so good as it would shade the rooted plants too much).

Do you think it would be feasible to take a plastic container, fill it with gravel that I have left over from the big tank, set up the 40 with water, light, and CO2 only, and then place that container in there? This would be in case that I don't have everything together (wood and new glass top) this weekend, and I don't know if I will have time next weekend to set up the tank.

2) I guess it would be too daring to set up the 40G from the get-go with low grassy plants (and the like) only, without going through a fast-grower phase. I thought about that because you often see new setups that have the grass arranged in bushels with gaps for grow-out between them.

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 06-Jun-2006 14:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
NowherMan6
---------------
-----
Fish Master
Kudos: 922
Votes: 69
male usa
As long as you bring a six pack, something to talk about, and a clipping from one of your plants.

Well, since Im a Miller Lite fan I doubt you'd pat me on the back for bringing that over, since it's like water (or worse ) to anyone from outside the States

As for your other concerns, I don't see much of a problem with it if you don't want to wait for another round of clippings. Personally I wouldn't start it fully up right away, but growing some of these stem plants out of a little patch of gravel seems a decent comprimise for now. I would stay away from setting down any substrate on the actual tank bottom because it'll be a royal pain to clean that stuff up once it comes time to add the EC. Just IMO of course, as always

Back in the saddle!
Post InfoPosted 06-Jun-2006 23:34Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
NowherMan6,

Better that beer than none at all
Or maybe I will give you one of mine, good ole German Beer.

Yeah, the idea would be to put the gravel in the plastic container, and not on the glass directly, exactly for the reason you mentioned. Maybe I will try that this weekend.

Thanks,

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2006 01:15Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bensaf

---------------
-----
Fish Master
Kudos: 1315
male ireland
EditedEdited by bensaf
You guys would be gold medallists for your respective countries in the "making things more difficult then they need to be" Olympics

What makes you think the plants will need gravel ? Does it have magic properties ?

Plants can and will take all their nurient requirements from the water column. Substrate is a last resort for plants and it's main function is anchoring.

Fill the 40 gal with water, just go barebottom.

Takes the clippings and make bunches then simply weigh them down with lead plant weights or by tieing a stone to the bottom. Plop them in the water and they will do just fine. If you are also adding light, co2 and nutrients they will grow just as well as in any other tank with substrate.

Lots of folks do this for stem plant as a norm , it's handy for getting stems in places where the substrate is hard to get at or simply to create illusions of height.

I've grown tricky plants like Ammania, Wallichi etc for long periods without them ever being in the substrate. You've seen the pics they grow just fine.

Or simply put them in plant pots with gravel if you really insist on using the "magic" gravel. Plop these in the tank and are easy to remove when set up time comes.

Some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue.

Remember that age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability.
Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2006 04:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa

Yeah, I won a gold medal .

Actually Bensaf, this time around I was not thinking "complicated", I was thinking practical:
and it's main function is anchoring
Exactly - I don't have plant weights and even if I would have them - Star Grass does not like them. I have gravel, so why not use it for anchoring? That was the sole reason I thought of adding the gravel in plastic containers.

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2006 10:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bensaf

---------------
-----
Fish Master
male ireland
Stones tied to the plant bottom will do.

For plastic containers cut the bottom from soda bottles or small house plant pots.

The gold medal is in the post

Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2006 11:49Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Thanks Bensaf, the medal will get a special space in my "fishroom", how about under the bottom of my tank stand

Anyway, I will try the plastic bin/gravel option as I am not that good at tying thread on rocks and skinny Star Grass stems. That all will happen only if I can get a new CO2 bottle on Saturday morning as the last 5lbs was empty when I bought the 10lbs for the 125 (didn't notice until I was already back from the store, plus they didn't have a filled 5lbs at that point anyways).

Thanks again,

Ingo

Uh - to talk about the option of having a sand area around the Eco. What do you guys/gals think? Sounds like a lot of work as I assume I would have to make a beach all around the tank, given that every side is viewable.

Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2006 13:51Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
tetratech
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
Uh - to talk about the option of having a sand area around the Eco. What do you guys/gals think? Sounds like a lot of work as I assume I would have to make a beach all around the tank, given that every side is viewable.

You could use different things to separate the eco from the sand (plexiglass fitted or just use rocks nicely fitted. Did you mention you were going to use play sand? If yes, I would seriously consider the pool filter sand it looks like sand, but it's a bigger grain size and will stay cleaner. Some beaches are black sand so you could also use onyx sand and this way if some eco get's mixed in it will not be a problem. Eco has multi-grain sizes in it, but you never know. When I first had eco the majority of it was larger grain like gravel, but when Carib-Sea sent me replacement bags it was mostly sand like.

BTW - You know the trick to gravel washing sand, right. When you stick the gravel wash in the sand and when the sand ends up toward the top of the gravel wash part you simply squeeze the tubing. This will cause the heavily items to fall back into the tank.

My Scapes
Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2006 16:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
EditedEdited by LITTLE_FISH
No tetratech, I did not know that trick, thanks for informing me about it.

Overall, I think I will have my hands full just to try to get this tank going nicely, I think I will pass on the beach front. I much rather have the tank turn out nicely with a black, non-planted, strip of Eco around the edges.

Tetratech, Someone just today informed me about the fact that Eco cannot be vacuumed as it is sand like. Do you use that squeeze method to clean yours?

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2006 16:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
tetratech
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
The inability to "gravel" wash sand is a myth. It could easily be done and is done with the method I told you about. I'm sure Matty will attest to this with saltwater tanks as well.

As far as the eco. It can be gravel washed like any other gravel, If your not careful you will get some of the smaller grain pieces coming up through the tubing, but so what. Remember the smaller grains over time naturally make their way to the bottom of the substrate so you could certainly gravel wash a few layers without hitting the smaller grain. In 8/9 months I've never had to replace any eco because I vaccummed out too much, but if you did it's pretty simple to add some more. I only have a thin beachfront left so there's not much for me to gravel wash anyway.

My Scapes
Post InfoPosted 07-Jun-2006 16:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bensaf

---------------
-----
Fish Master
male ireland
Uh - to talk about the option of having a sand area around the Eco. What do you guys/gals think?

Why bother with the Eco at all? Just use 100% pool sand as a substrate. Then you have the look without the hassle.As tetra mentioned it's a nice grain size, big enough to work with but small enough to give that sandy appearance.

A handful of gunky substrate from one of your tanks at the bottom will give you a better bacteria start then the Eco. Or a thin layer of something like JBL, I think it's Aqua Basis I used, can't remember but still have the empty container at home. Basically it's mainly peat.

For the the look you are aiming for, with a circular beachfront, black just wouldn't work for me

Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2006 03:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Thanks tetratech for the update on how to vacuum Eco, it sure will come in handy.

Bensaf - You never stopp to amaze me . Now you suggest I should go with a sand only substrate? No way I am going to do that. This is the first time I heard of sand as a useful substrate to grow "stuff" - and I say stuff as the plant options (for the long term) are still open. Any setup process that I have seen from Senske and Amano (also Navarro and some others) has a divided substrate, rich for plants and sandy fronts. I have to say you took my by surprise.

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2006 14:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
NowherMan6
---------------
-----
Fish Master
Kudos: 922
Votes: 69
male usa
If you're going with all or mostly stem plants then it may be ok to just use pool sand because they'll get ferts from the WC anyway. But for anything seriously rooted like crypts I think it's worth while to use a plant substrate.

But honestly, i can't imagine why concerns about using a gravel vac would make you use one form of substrate over another

Back in the saddle!
Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2006 17:59Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa

It is not the vacuuming that defines the options, but the potential of a beachfront. But again, I decided on "enough is enough".

Trying to get this tank look nice is more important for now. Dual substrate is too complicated. And, besides crypts, I also think hairgrass and the like will do much better in Eco than sand.

Thanks NowherMan6,

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 08-Jun-2006 19:13Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bensaf

---------------
-----
Fish Master
male ireland
This is the first time I heard of sand as a useful substrate to grow "stuff"

Huh ????

The substrate in all my tanks is 100% pool sand. I don't have any problem growing anything or do I need to post a pic again to remind you ?

As for the swords/crypts needing a richer substrate. Rubbish. Anyone remember that giant sword I pulled out a while back ? That was growing in sand , never seen a root tab in it's life. Grew hairgrass just fine too.

I think you may be confusing what I mean by sand. As tetra said it's not the really fine stuff you'll find on a beach, it's more like very very small gravel but light colored, off white to cream, and the bag is labelled sand. Don't think you'd have much luck building a sandcastle with it, but it grows plant fine.

Here's a pic of the stuff I use, would make a very nice beach area and everything grows real good, personal guarantee.

Attached Image:

Post InfoPosted 09-Jun-2006 03:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
or do I need to post a pic again to remind you ?
Hey, I do anything to make you post a picture

Well, now I know that you don't talk about sandy sand, but really small gravel. So I see the option

But invision the final layout, or better said planting. I would like to have a large field of low plants, like hair grass. I think that its green color would come out much better on a dark substrate. What do you think?

Thanks Bensaf,

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 09-Jun-2006 10:39Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
tetratech
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
EditedEdited by tetratech
I think you may be confusing what I mean by sand

That's the thing, what defines sand or gravel? They're both small rocks, but I guess when the grain size is small enough it gives the appearance of sand. Speaking of appearance the color is really a personal choice and whaqt you plant along the beach front. For example, if you look at Bensaf's pic he has java moss along some of the beachfront as do it (in my 12g). It would be lost with a black beachfront but constrasts nicely with white/off white.

In my 72g the petrified wood being reddish could work either way and the riccia is light enough to work well with the black beachfront, although a black beachfront will look darker, but I love the way it constrasts with all the green.

As far as growing plants. We all know by now that plants take most of their goodies from the water column otherwise I wouldn't even have to dose much with the eco in their. I could tell you the wisteria grows fine in th pool sand and my rotala and aromatica are growing, but I did mix in a few scoops of eco in the back of my tank on the 12g.

Since most aquatic plants will grow without even being planted I have to thing the substrate is of minimal importance, but than again tell that to the ADA soil users.

My Scapes
Post InfoPosted 09-Jun-2006 15:25Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Thanks tetratech

Maybe from now on we should refer to really fine sand as "Nano-Gravel"

Last night I went ahead and hooked up the light, looks nice (on an empty tank). If I should not get the wood in time, then here is my plan for tonight and tomorrow:

Tonight:
- Hook up the filter and place it in position
- Set up heater and glass diffuser
(this way, I have all thing that "hang" into the tank in place)

Tomorrow:
- Go get the 5lbs CO2 bottle replaced
- Fill tank with water so the plastic containers (4 tubber ware boxes) are submersed.
- Trim the 125
- Add clippings to 40
- Fire up all units (filer, CO2, light) and stare at them for an hour

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 09-Jun-2006 17:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
OK,

Plans have changed a little as the wood just arrived. I think it looks very nice and I will post a picture or two within the next few hours.

In the meantime, any last minute tips?

Also, if I don't get any CO2 tomorrow, will I be in trouble?

Thanks,

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 01:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FRANK

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 5263
Votes: 1690
male usa us-colorado
Hi,
Just for you triva collectors:

Clay particles 0.00006-0020mm
Silt particles 0.00039-0.053mm
Sand particles 0.0625-1.68mm
very fine sand 0.0625-0.105mm
fine sand 0.125-0.210mm
medium sand 0.25-0.42mm
coarse sand 0.50-.084mm
very coarse sand 1.00-1.68mm
Gravel particles 2.00- 4.00mm granules
Pebbles 4.0-16.0mm
Cobbles ~64mm

Frank

-->>> The Confidence of Amateurs, is the Envy of Professionals <<<--
Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 01:23Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Very impressive Frank

Now if I only would find Pool Sand and Eco in that list

Anyway, here are a few shots of the "delivery". First the pieces layed out on the dining table, with me standing on it (the wife somehow did not like that )

Attached Image:

Pieces

Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 02:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Then I took them outside and hosed them down to get the gunk off them. I actually called Jeff afterwards (different reason though as he forgot to ship me the gray CO2 tubing that I ordered) and he told me that "only" hosing them down is what he does with the wood as well.

After the cleaning I arranged them briefly, not even close to Jeffs design. I guess I will have to study the picture some more.

Attached Image:

Pre-Arranged

Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 02:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Each piece has some personality, but one stands out more than the others (or not, but I like this piece). I call it Sea Horse from the Black Sea (, at least today, tomorrow it may be at the bottom of the pile).

Attached Image:

Sea Horse from the Black Sea

Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 02:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
And last but not least, a few goodies that have been shipped in the box. There is a 2005 ADA Catalog with products and tank pictures, and 7 issues of the Aqua Journal ranging from 1995 to 2001.

Attached Image:

Goodies

Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 02:14Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bensaf

---------------
-----
Fish Master
male ireland
EditedEdited by bensaf
I would like to have a large field of low plants, like hair grass. I think that its green color would come out much better on a dark substrate. What do you think?

Depends whar your plans are. If you intend open areas the light color is best. If all got ground cover black is fine.

I'll tell you one thing though. I've pretty much had it with "carpet" plants. Haven't found one I like yet. They are all too much work.

Glosso looks good but only looks good for a few weeks at a time. Once it gets thick it starts to shade itself and look raggedy. Then you have the pull the whole lot up and start again.
Harigrass is nice looking but I found it got all sorts of dirt trapped in it and it got a lot of Utricularia in between the blades which constantly had to picked out.
Chain swords try to take over.
Sags get too big a lot of times.
Haven't tried HC that might be bit less work then the others.

With the right layout and coloring I really prefer the open area look as well as not having to bother with carpet maintenance.

I think the wood you've got really lends itself to the open ground look, that's how it will look it's best. I'd play to the strenghts of the wood. Let the hardscape shine and use the plants to highlight the hardscape.

Nice on getting the books - were they free or did you order them ?

BTW.Nice result for Germany last night They looked a bit shaky in defense though, gave 2 easy goals to costa Rica. Of course all the matches are on late night here, so I'll be exhausted for a month.

Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 03:56Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
EditedEdited by LITTLE_FISH
Bensaf,

Most important things first: Yeah, that was a nice result yesterday, and I totally agree, the defense sucks. If they play like this against any contender then I see already the end of the German participation in the World Cup. But historically we are a tournament team that manages to get better by the game, I will keep my fingers crossed.

I think I will try to go with the substrate that I purchased. I hear you on letting the hardscape dictate the possible plant options and on taking on the dominant role of design in this tank. Since weeks I had it all planned out and now I am concerned that I am making a wrong move by selecting the Eco. On the other hand, given that this tank is not super-sized I do have the option of starting all over if it should look "not so good".

Open issues as of right now are still the lack of CO2 (will know more in about 2 hours when the welding supply store opens) and the glass top that does not fit (don't have a custom one yet). I tried to separate the AGA top on the long dark hinge but it doesn't seem to be willing to come off. I wonder if the plates are glued to it. I will have to try later today again or temporarily fold it all the way over to place it on the tank and protect the light from condensation.

Ingo

EDIT: HC seems to be really hard to come by here in the US, and its slow growth would require to purchase quite a bit of it to assure some cover in the beginning.

And the shipment goodies were for free

Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 11:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
tetratech
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
EditedEdited by tetratech
If you go with the eco are you also going with a black background? Most will agree that it really makes the plants pop out and lends a more dramatic look to the tank.

******************Warning********************************
It makes you tank look darker in pics as well unless you throw a lot of light on the tank.

My Scapes
Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 12:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa

I hear you

There will be NO background on the tank. Remember that it stands in the middle of the room and as such is viewable from all sides. I am considering though to place a sheet of something behind the tank for photos. This way I can avoid the distraction of objects that are otherwise viewable behind the other side of the tank.

The open all around is actually quite a challenge. Every border is a front of the tank and filter input/uptake - heater - and CO2 are in the open and cannot be hidden in the back. If I had the spare money then I would go for the ADA tools (glass pipes etc), but currently I would rather set up a new tank

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 12:35Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
tetratech
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
male usa
Remember that it stands in the middle of the room and as such is viewable from all sides.

Oh yes, I forgot. How come you didn't consider the Hydor inline heater, It would eliminate one more thing from the back.

My Scapes
Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 14:01Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
Maybe at some point I may do that, I haven't read enough about this heater to actually go out and get it. It is easy enough to retrofit the tank with the inline heater.

BTW, I bought 3 stealth heaters in my last order and two at some other point. Without having opened one of the packages (means 4 are open), 3 out of 8 suction cups are missing. That sucks (pun intended).

I just came back from the welding store and have a new 5lbs of CO2. I guess I have to get started on a long day of setup and trimming the 125.

Keep your eyes open for the soon coming 40G log and wish me luck. I am not allowed to curse while setting up the tank as the kids both are having play dates in the house. This is going to be hard.

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 14:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
LITTLE_FISH
---------------
----------
***** Little Fish *****
Master of Something
male usa
The log has been started, please check on updates here.

Ingo

Post InfoPosted 10-Jun-2006 15:18Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies