SubscribeTopfin power filter
JBennett181
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 46
Votes: 2
male usa
just to clear up...

i know that topfin usually has a bad rep, which it deserves, but i did purchase a topfin 30 power filter recently, i dont know why but i was mysteriously moved to it and actually it works pretty well. proshops never sell them or there other products but i have no problems with my filter

feel free to share your opinion!

i like feesh
Post InfoPosted 11-Jan-2008 04:04Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
divertran
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 469
Votes: 165
male usa
I gotta say a couple of things. First I don't think topfin has all that bad a rap. Yes they are the petsmart brand but sometimes that aint bad.
Second I love my topfin 30. It is really a good filter. Had it running a number of years now, about 4-5 I think and has been trouble free and keeps the tank lookin great.
As for the filter cartridges, they may seem a bit pricey, but I buy the ones for the whisper filter, they are the exact same thing, except the frame for the bag is blue instead of black. Oh, and a few bucks less.
The smaller topfins (I've had two for the ten gallon size tanks are not so good, both of them kept water clean but crapped ut within a year.)
Post InfoPosted 15-Jan-2008 21:58Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
FishKeeperJim
----------
Big Fish
Member MTS Anonymous
Kudos: 208
Votes: 186
male usa
I have had one of the smaller ten gallon ones running for over 3 years now and not a single problem. Course every month or so I take the filter apart and give it a very good cleaning.

Also if you buy the unassembled filters its even cheaper, I have two tanks and the filters use the same cartridge. Makes life easier than having to buy separate cartridges for every tank!

mts.gif" border="0"> I vote do you?
My Tanks at Photobucket
Post InfoPosted 16-Jan-2008 04:07Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies