Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeNeons
Thursday
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 32
Votes: 4
female usa
I bought 5 or 6 neons for my 10 gal a while ago. (Now I realse it's too cramped, and I'm trying to convince my parents to let me set up the 29 gal.) They were sharing it with 1 sm ADF, 1 2 in Blue Gourami (Now 4 in) 2 sm Ottos, and 3 Guppies I bought with them..... The neons suddenly started dying off, they didn't last 3 days. The gourami would chase them, but she chases EVERYONE, but what could've happened? No sign of illness, no color decline.
Stress? Attack? What?

If pets are so stupid, how did they weasel free room and board out of us?
Post InfoPosted 30-Jun-2006 02:02Profile PM Edit Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california

Neons today tend to be pretty inbred and sensitive to anything wrong with the water. Do you know your water parameters?

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 30-Jun-2006 02:15Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Thursday
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 32
Votes: 4
female usa
No, I'm sorry, I know I'm pathetic... That's to bad about the inbreeding, although, being so pretty, small, and peaceful means that imbreeding is bound to happen I guess.

If pets are so stupid, how did they weasel free room and board out of us?
Post InfoPosted 30-Jun-2006 02:33Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Neons are very cheap in comparison to the Cardinals but in the long term they are a far hardier fish providing you give them all the correct conditions as with other fish. Before you add any more fish get a full water peramiters test done.

That 10gal sounds like it is certainly over crowded are you perents thing that if you get a larger tank you will also over crowed it as well.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 30-Jun-2006 03:21Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Theresa_M

---------------
---------------
-----
Queen of Zoom
Kudos: 4280
Votes: 790
female usa us-maryland
I had a good-sized school of neons in my 30g. Understocked tank, well-planted, regular water changes, water params fine. Suddenly about a month ago they started dying for no apparent reason. I didn't lose any of the other fish in the tank, just the neons over a period of about a week. Never did figure out why

~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Post InfoPosted 30-Jun-2006 04:11Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies