Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribe? about female Lemon
angiewny
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 446
Votes: 47
female usa
If she is currently spawning with the male (and be "chased", is it common for her color to lighten to an almost "transparent" appearance?
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:37Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
Hmm. Never seen this before.

What tends to happen among my Lemons is that the males start of jousting with each other, darken while doing so, then lighten up once the chase is finished and a female ahs been enticed into bushy plants. I've not seen a female undergo dramatic colour changes of the kind you mention. You may have alighted upon something new!

I would try and have a digital camera handy ready to capture this on film next time you see it. Don't worry, Lemons aren't in the least bit camera shy when spawning! They won't object to having their nuptials filmed in the least!

What you'll need to do is obtain some shots of the female in normal colouration, and then some shots of the female exhibitiing this unusual translucency that you describe, for comparison purposes. I shall be on the lookout now to see if the same phenomenon manifests itself in my Lemons!

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:37Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
I agree, I've never seen my female lemons lighten up when spawning. They usually have a nice, lemon-yellow sheen, while the males tend to be dark in color. A picture would be nice, maybe you've got a weird female or something.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:37Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies