L# Strange Protrusion
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeStrange Protrusion
Krunchy
-----
Fingerling
Kudos: 23
male usa
now I have wrapped my head around this for several hours now and I cant figure out what it is... maybe one of you awesome people can help.

I have a 2.5" (body only) male Xiphophorus Heleri (green sword) with an odd 3mm protrusion about 4mm from the bottom of his lip

the visible length of this protrusion is similar to a very healthy plant root... its solid white and about 1.5mm thick

the protrusion seems to be coming from an ulcer but its hard to see

anyways this is a new one for me and I would really appriciate any help I can get
Post InfoPosted 04-Feb-2008 07:05Profile Homepage PM Edit Report 
Two Tanks
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 328
Votes: 13
female usa
From your description, it could be anchorworm - a parasite. Try some meds like parasite clear and see what that does.
Post InfoPosted 04-Feb-2008 19:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
Could also be a fluke, maybe even a baby leech, young leeches do often go for the mouth, though learnea is certainly possible. Go for the broadest spectrum antiparasitic you can find, pays to hedge your bets if your not sure.
Post InfoPosted 05-Feb-2008 09:56Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies