Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeDeep Blue Crescent shaped Spot
Garofoli
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 143
Votes: 27
male usa
There is some spot int the Ocean that is a Dark blue circle with a crescent shaped island around it. It is in some ocean and the spot is unbelievably blue. If anyone knows what this is please tell me. Thanks.

Chris
Post InfoPosted 14-Dec-2006 20:39Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
sirbooks

---------------
---------------
----------
Sociopath
Kudos: 5164
Votes: 932
male usa us-virginia
EditedEdited by sirbooks
Are you talking about the blue hole? It's basically just a spot where the ocean is extremely deep. There are guided dives in the hole, it's a popular scuba attraction.

And when he gets to Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell: "One more Marine reporting, Sir! I've served my time in Hell."
Post InfoPosted 14-Dec-2006 20:43Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Garofoli
----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 143
Votes: 27
male usa
That's it. Thanks

Chris
Post InfoPosted 14-Dec-2006 23:16Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Calilasseia

---------------
-----
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Panda Funster
Kudos: 2828
Votes: 731
male uk
Maximum depth is probably 400 to 600 feet. At the limits of what's possible with scuba gear, but diveable nonetheless if you're a very skilled diver.

Now if you want a place that's genuinely extremely deep, try the Marianas Trench. There's an oceanic trench there called Challenger Deep - and there is NO way on Earth any scuba diver is going to explore the bottom of that. Reason? Depth is close to thirty six thousand feet. This part of the Pacific is seven miles deep.

Go take a peek and bear in mind that a manned vessel has actually reached the bottom of that trench.

Panda Catfish fan and keeper/breeder since Christmas 2002
Post InfoPosted 15-Dec-2006 04:13Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies