AquaRank.com

FishProfiles.com Message Forums

faq | etiquette | register | my account | search | mailbox
# FishProfiles.com Message Forums
L# Off Topic
 L# The Recovery Room
  L# What to get for Girlfriend for one year anniversary?
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeWhat to get for Girlfriend for one year anniversary?
JQW
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 758
male australia
Hi everyone,

Well it's coming up, the big ONE YEAR!!!
It's on mother's day (May 14th) ummm.... going to have to juggle between mommies and lovers

I don't really know what to get her as a present.

Got her a necklace on our 6th month.
Got her a ring on valentine's day. (9 month)
Roses for 10th month.

So I kind of run out of stuff to get her that she can put on her self (just another name for jewellery) and don't know what else I can get.

Well I guess flowers (roses) are a must. Should I get one rose or a bunch. One rose is more romantic in my opinion, what do yous think?

Please people, what did you get your girlfriend for your first year anniversary? And girls, what did you receive for your first year anniversary? Oh, and what did yous do that's special? Suppose a dinner will be fine, but too original.

Time is flying quickly, still have about 2 weeks (just under), so chop chop guys. Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
Jimmy
Post InfoPosted 02-May-2006 14:27Profile Homepage MSN PM Edit Report 
Light_Bright

---------------
Kudos: 1403
Votes: 351
female canada ca-novascotia
a fish tank?

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished.
Post InfoPosted 02-May-2006 17:28Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
I don't recall what I got for mine.... I think I got a conversation about how he thought it wasn't important?? We got that sorted though

Flowers are good, but maybe a dwarf rose in a pot would be nice? I like the idea of a single rose, maybe with a night out dancing and a sparkly bracelet? AB Swaros maybe? they look very shiney, and all girls are magpies at heart when it comes to shiney things

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 02-May-2006 19:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
rjmcbean
----------
Hobbyist
Like a Farmer
Kudos: 75
Votes: 415
female usa
Take her away for the weekend. Call around to the local hotels and Inn not far from where you are and see if there is a package that includes spa type stuff, or hiking, or whatever she is into. Make it time for just the 2 of you.

Roses are ok.. but why not go with a bunch of different flowers? Roses kinda seem like a cop out (not all the time - sometimes are nice but not the same for EVERY occasion though.)

"it's the neck, it creaks under the weight of too much heavy thinking."
Post InfoPosted 03-May-2006 08:00Profile AIM MSN Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
JQW
----------
Fish Addict
male australia
a fish tank?

yea, forgot to mention, got her a fishtank kit for christmas last year. and 4 zebra danios, still alive

Um.....a bracelet sounds nice, but I think my mom already got her one in the past....

A night of dancing, well we dance every friday nights doing ballroom, same with that friday.

Take her away for the weekend

I would really love to do that but I can't. First it's mother's day, I'm lucky just to get the afternoon and night with her. And with going away thing, we havn't gone to that stage yet, I think her parents doesn't trust her. (I wouldn't either, knowing us ) We have slept over in the past, so that has been planned.

Someone suggested give her something that is mine. uummm....interesting idea. But what though? *whispers* not my underwear i hope

I could try to write her a poem, but I'm not good at all. The last time was christmas, she loved it, but i hated it. lol

Current plan is that she comes to uni with me on friday (since she's interested to know what i learn at uni, she deferred), we then go to the beach (buurrrrr, winter), a nice dinner and go dancing, then she come over and stay for the night with me (not in the same bed and saturday hasn't planned yet.

Maybe another necklace How about a cook book? lol
Post InfoPosted 03-May-2006 11:39Profile Homepage MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Troy_Mclure
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 306
male australia
Wow has it been a year already?

You cant go wrong with jewelery. Thats all I can think of right now...
Post InfoPosted 03-May-2006 12:51Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
crazyred
---------------
-----
Fish Addict
LAZY and I don't care :D
Kudos: 360
Votes: 293
female usa
Dude, I'm all about jewlry...a girl can never have enough. Get her another little ring she could wear (there are 8 fingers and 2 thumbs you know ). I would have loved a ring with two stones: my birthstone and his birthstone next to each other. Sounds sappy, but I've always been strangely attracted to it. Tell me what months your birthdays are and I can tell you what stones to get. They don't have to be genuine or expensive. Just an idea from a chicky!!!

~~Melissa~~
"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder."
Post InfoPosted 03-May-2006 16:01Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
longhairedgit
---------------
----------
Fish Guru
Lord of the Beasts
Kudos: 1778
Votes: 29
male uk
EditedEdited by Adam

Aww its kinda sweet in a deprived kinda way.

Ah, sweet innocence.

On a serious note, its my experience that the only thing girls like better than jewellery is cars ! Jewellery it is then !
Post InfoPosted 03-May-2006 17:45Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
Awww git, some of us ladies like to behave for a while

I've been thinking, maybe one of those DIY stuffed bears with the pre-recorded message inside, do you have those make-a-bear shops down there? the bear could be wearing her jewellery gift, and give her something to snuggle

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 03-May-2006 20:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
Kudos: 1889
Votes: 229
female usa
I might be able to help with this...

But first, uhm, how old are you guys? lol

-Formerly known as the Ferretfish
Post InfoPosted 04-May-2006 00:10Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 04-May-2006 11:00
This post has been deleted
tiny_clanger
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 571
Votes: 12
female uk
EditedEdited by Adam

I would actually vote against jewellery, you've alrady done that twice, for a start! For our second year anniversary, my bf named a star for me. It was just so original, he gave it a name that was significant to both of us, it was lovely.

-------------------------------------------------
I like to think that whoever designed marine life was thinking of it as basically an entertainment medium. That would explain some of the things down there, some of the unearthly biological contraptions
Post InfoPosted 04-May-2006 12:12Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
swiftshark88
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 143
Votes: 61
male usa
i guess im kind of lucky in this regard, im an artist. so on smaller occasions i sometimes do portraits for my girlfriend, or give her flowers, and i tend to save jewlery for larger occasions like years and birthdays, so ive saved the expensive jewlery for 1,2,3 years and her birthday.

but then again, girls eyes always light up when they see jewlery, i dunno, it can get kinda banal if thats all you give them though, you need to suprise them every once and a while.

Nick
"Impossumable- unable to play dead"
Post InfoPosted 06-May-2006 03:05Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
JQW
----------
Fish Addict
male australia
you need to suprise them every once and a while

I'll surprise her with a breakup
ok, why did i just type that?

bought her a jewllery box

Post InfoPosted 06-May-2006 08:40Profile Homepage MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
*cough* age? *cough*

Post InfoPosted 07-May-2006 03:13Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
JQW
----------
Fish Addict
male australia
sorry ferret

i am 18, turning 19 this year, birthday 25th july
she is 19, turning 20 this year, birthday 22th sept

just realised that she is ...... old
she looks and acts 14
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2006 03:28Profile Homepage MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
terranova
---------------
Fish Master
female usa
mhm...

Well, if she's anything like me, she shouldn't be able to pass down anything from Tiffany's or Coach...

Post InfoPosted 07-May-2006 21:11Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
pookiekiller12
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 633
Votes: 41
male usa
A sterling silver bracelet with something like a moon stone or peridot can be very attractive and not very expensive. You can get a whole ensemble for little cost. If you go jewelry, stay away from mall stores and check around. I have worked in jewelry for years. The better deals are not in the chain stores. That is because rent in malls is very high, they have to pay so many people that have little to do with selling jewelry(loss prevention, president, VP, director of human relations), and they have a large enough presence to not have ot give you a very good price, their advertising allows them the traffic to get away with a higher price or lower quality.
Post InfoPosted 07-May-2006 22:33Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
katieb
-----
Fish Addict
Votes: 69
female usa
Perfume is always nice. Im currently in love with Brit by Burberry.

I'll do graffiti,
If you sing to me in French.
Post InfoPosted 08-May-2006 01:17Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies