Subscribeshiping to AUS
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
how safe and easy is it to send a package from NY to AUS? sidney more specific.
Post InfoPosted 06-Nov-2008 01:58Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Report 
Lindy

---------------
----------
Administrator
Show me the Shishies!
Kudos: 1350
Votes: 730
female australia au-victoria
What are you sending?

Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
Post InfoPosted 06-Nov-2008 03:19Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
I never had a package go missing shipping USA to AUS, but lindys right, what's being shipped is very very important.

Australia has very strict customs regulations. My latest trip back to oz had some tea get claimed by customs. Packaged, everyday, ordinary grocery store bought tea.

*sulks* It was for a sore throat

^_^

Post InfoPosted 06-Nov-2008 04:32Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
It should be safe providing what you are shipping is legal and is clearly labeled about its contents. There should be orthorities where you can check what you are sending is OK

Also the address make sure it is correct. sorry Sydney.

Babel tea is a plant product have you tried buying it in Aust? I think there are several USA stores in Aust that you can buy online.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 06-Nov-2008 06:57Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
EditedEdited by Callatya
Tea shouldn't have been taken, its a plant product but it is on the OK list. I've walked through plenty of times and had heaps of boxes opened that contained tea, and not all fermented tea either (though no seed heads etc) What sort of tea was it?? I'm a bit worried now!

Its safe and easy, but EVERY box is X-rayed and most of ours from OS are opened and inspected (only exception are those containing only books and CDs) so if you are trying to ship something like plants/fish/etc you are very likely to have it looked at. I'm not guaranteeing it, as I've had some doozies slip through before, but lets assume you do get caught, both the sender and receiver are going to get their backsides kicked.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 06-Nov-2008 08:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
It was slippery elm bark tea, great for sore throats.

Another one was a chai tea that had cloves in it.

He was ready to check off the box and good citizen that I am made him have a closer look.

My sore throat next winter has only me to blame

^_^

Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2008 00:28Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Babel

You said the very nasty word ELM Aust is very scared of the Elm Beetle that could destroy all our Elm trees.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info
Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2008 02:46Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Havent even seen any elm trees here ! Guess they're all down south where it gets cold enough for them

If it was raw bark I'd understand that, but standard processed teas is what I dont get, they're SO processed that I'd be surprised if anything bad could be in it period. Nevermind the fact that they're sealed in airtight envelopes, and have been on the store shelves for months.

*shrug* I declared them all so at least I didn't get a fine.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2008 02:53Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Elm info

keith

VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 07-Nov-2008 03:52Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies