SubscribeOto with washed out colour
upikabu
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 393
Votes: 44
male australia
Hi guys,

I got a couple of otos for my 2ft planted tank over the weekend and one of them has this washed out colour (light, almost transparent grey), not dark like all my other otos (I have a bunch in 2 other tanks). I wonder if this is normal, or is it an indication of stress or something else wrong with it? If the latter, what can I do to help it regain his normal colour?

The tank has plenty of algae and diatoms (which they took care of in a day) so I think they should have some food. I've been adding a small piece of algae wafer daily just in case, but I think the other fish get to it first. Should I add some veggie like zuchini or something? I never give any veggie to the otos in my other tanks and they're all fat and happy.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-P
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:06Profile PM Edit Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I would take it back just in case there is some thing wrong with it. Or it could be it has not had a good diet before you got it.

My three ottos will not eat any I put into the tank, they seem very happy with the algae growing on the DW.

Have a look in [link=My Profile]http://
www.fishprofiles.com/interactive/forums/profile.asp?userid=6741" style="COLOR: #00FF00[/link] for my tank info

[link=Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tanks]http://photobucket.com/albums/b209/keithgh/Betta%20desktop%20tank/" style="COLOR: #00FF00[/link]

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Cup_of_Lifenoodles
---------------
Fish Guru
Kudos: 1957
Votes: 30
male usa
Try fresh vegetables. "Algae disks" are primarily fish meal anyways.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 12:06Profile AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
tankie
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 848
Votes: 230
male canada
must have been stressed completely when u bought it...u have an option..if the lfs will take it back and replace it..do so,....if not, just hope for the best.
upikabu
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 393
Votes: 44
male australia
Thanks, guys. He's looking better now, a lot darker than before. I guess he finally found the algae. The bad news is I saw ich on the other oto this morning. If it's not one thing it's another. ]:|

-P
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies