SubscribeWould I be pushing it?
Rubina
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
I'm getting a 20g very soon with the measurements -
60 L 35 W 45 H.

[link] http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/660073/category/1214.html[/link]
And theres a link if youd like to see it

I will definately be fishless cycling and plan to have it quite densely planted, and of course would keep up with a weekly 25 - 30% water change.

I was thinking I would love to have -

1 male Betta
6 Harlequin rasboras
6 Panda Corys

That way Id have bottom feeders, schooling fish and a Betta which i've wanted for a long time.

Do you see any problems/space issues in the tank?

Thanks
Post InfoPosted 18-Dec-2007 16:01Profile PM Edit Report 
Joe Potato

---------------
-----
Fish Addict
Kind of a Big Deal
Votes: 309
male usa us-northcarolina
I'd actually add 2 to both the rasbora and cory schools. Both of them enjoy lots of company.

Other than that, you should be great. Keep up on your maintenance, though -- panda corys are more delicate than some of the other cory species like, say, bronze or peppered.

Sounds like it'll be a great tank. Be sure to take pics!
Post InfoPosted 18-Dec-2007 16:10Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Rubina
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 2
Votes: 0
Great! I did want larger schools but didn't want to overcrowd the tank too much, Id love 8 of each

I will take lots of pictures, probably wont be able to stop myself anyway
Post InfoPosted 18-Dec-2007 16:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
catdancer
----------
Big Fish
Mad Scientist
Kudos: 138
Votes: 13
female usa us-massachusetts
The only problem that could come up is because of lighting: your tank has a capacity of 22 US gallons and only 30 W of light, which puts it at the low end and you will have to be careful with your choice of plants if you want to see healthy growth.
Post InfoPosted 18-Dec-2007 16:43Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
Ya, I don't see you being overstocked yet. But like joe said, pandas are a bit more delicate than most. Since you've selected nice small fish there'll be less of an impact on the bioload.

Going with what catdancer said, the standard lighting that comes with most tanks is never enough (and yet they always picture flourishing planted tanks on their material ). You can either buy new lights from the LFS, a dual tube fixture will help lots, or look around in hardware or lighting stores and make something yourself. I got a dual 24" fixture from a hardware store in the states for $30 or so, then just built my own cover. You may need to buy a different lid for the tank though.

Or just stick with low light plants .

^_^

Post InfoPosted 19-Dec-2007 00:27Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
There is not much I can say or add here but something in the back of my old brain is telling me that with the Pandas, it is better to do a twice weekly water change. Also with the plants do a lot of research on low light plants.
Am I wrong in assuming that the tank is a "Tall" and UK Gal, if so and I am correct your capacity for a tall is less that a long tank. Now saying all that I would not go beyond your list until the tank is well established and then be careful. It will all depend on your plants, filtration, and aeration.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 19-Dec-2007 06:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies