----------
Big Fish
Mad Scientist
Kudos: 138
Votes: 13
female usa us-massachusetts
EditedEdited by catdancer
Bratyboy,
I can not give you the contact number but I suggest that you go to the http://www.gcca.net/ website. They have a classified section there and you can post w/o being a member. With a little bit of luck he will respond if he has some fish available. Another option is to wait for the postings of the vendors which will attend the next swap meet (will open Feb 10). Listings include the name and the type of fish sold. The person I bought from always posts lots of apistos, his name is Dan as a hint, there are other breeders whose fish are not so ... When you have the name from the posting, it is possible to send an e-mail to the Swap chairman and ask if he will provide you with the e-mail address of this person regarding purchase of fish.

Seriously, OH is fish heaven! I am optimistic that you will find nice apistos at the SWAP meets or auctions of any of the clubs acidrain mentioned to you.
Post InfoPosted 01-Feb-2008 01:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bratyboy2
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 340
Votes: 1
male usa
im sorry im not driving OR flying to chicago i will wait till march 2nd for akrons or ill order some
Post InfoPosted 01-Feb-2008 04:11Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
catdancer
----------
Big Fish
Mad Scientist
Well, I did not suggest that and you were asking. You could use the GCCA clssifieds to inquire if he is willing to ship. Aside from this, the meetings acidrain suggested should provide plenty of contacts, probably mich more than I have available to me.
Post InfoPosted 01-Feb-2008 16:42Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
ACIDRAIN

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 1381
Votes: 416
male usa us-ohio
If you join the ACA http://www.cichlid.org/, there is a Trading Post online. In it you will find many rare and highly sought after fish. And most all will ship. And 99% listed are the highest quality of fish you will find. Many of those listing in there are importers with F0 or F1 fish. I had forgot about that till just now.

And catdancer had a great selection, as there are many great breeders in Chicago. And they have one of the larger clubs in the country as well. The gcca did a great job of hosting the ACA convention in 2006!

There is always a bigger fish...
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2008 17:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
catdancer
----------
Big Fish
Mad Scientist
EditedEdited by catdancer
Lots of breeders in the Chicagoland area is true for Africans and the 'typical' South Americans. Unfortunately not at all for Apistos and most soft water Cichlids. This was the reason that I got such a good price for my recent purchases - most people here don't dare to keep these fish or are simply not interested in them. The profiles page of the societies web site shows it. Nevertheless, a great club with awesome Swap meets and nice members! Anyway, bratyboy got plenty of suggestions how to get in touch with apistogramma breeders. Your's to join the ACA should be turned into a sticky note for other FP members looking for hard to find cichlids! It would answer a lot of questions which are posted over and over again.
Post InfoPosted 02-Feb-2008 18:30Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bratyboy2
-----
Big Fish
male usa
well thanks to all my friend got a small colony of apistogramma veijti so im going to get a pair to start from him and i was informed that we are going to PA for fish at all odd ball aquatics for my birthday so i know they have them there wish me the best of luck!!!!
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 22:43Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
ACIDRAIN

---------------
---------------
Kudos: 1381
Votes: 416
male usa us-ohio
Ah yes, Oddball Aquatics. I love to take a trip up there about once a year. He usually has some great finds.

There is always a bigger fish...
Post InfoPosted 03-Feb-2008 23:11Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bratyboy2
-----
Big Fish
male usa
i dont know if the prices yet are reasonable?
Post InfoPosted 04-Feb-2008 05:44Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
bratyboy2
-----
Big Fish
male usa
i just got my apistos from cleveland they are great
Post InfoPosted 16-Feb-2008 03:14Profile AIM Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
# Pages: 1, 2
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies