Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeRed Tail Shark
Bar-B
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 27
Votes: 18
female canada
I presently have one Red Tail Shark in my community tank. I'm setting up another 110 gal. and I just love this fish and would like to get several for my new tank. I know 2 will fight, but how would say 3 or 4 work out. I plan on building a shelf of caves along the back. Also do these guys get along with clown loaches?

120 GAL. Community Freshwater (2 huge mated angles, 2 German rams, Red tail shark, 2 Pearl Grammies, 3 Bushynose Plecos, Swordtails

110 Gal. (3 Koi Angles, 3 black marble viel tail Angles) 20 Neon tetras, 1 red tail shark, 3 clown loaches, Platys
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2007 05:28Profile PM Edit Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
EditedEdited by monkeyboy
I've been told red tail sharks are very similar to rainbow sharks (except for the color obviously). and I currently have 3 in my 150g and they are all about 4 inches long and get along fine with each other. and they did grow up together. I do have multiple caves setup also and many places to sneek off to

and I also have clowns in with them and also have never had a problem

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 09-Jan-2007 14:09Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Bar-B
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 27
Votes: 18
female canada
Monkeyboy, seems the trick is to get them all together as babies. How many Clowns do you have by the way? and what other fish? I know I definately want to get Red Tail Sharks and the clowns too since they seen to work together but I'm not sure what else. These clowns get pretty big..up to 12" right? Do you know how long it would take them to get this big?

120 GAL. Community Freshwater (2 huge mated angles, 2 German rams, Red tail shark, 2 Pearl Grammies, 3 Bushynose Plecos, Swordtails

110 Gal. (3 Koi Angles, 3 black marble viel tail Angles) 20 Neon tetras, 1 red tail shark, 3 clown loaches, Platys
Post InfoPosted 11-Jan-2007 01:54Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
i currently have 4 clowns, but I want more. but yes, they can get up to 12 inches, but it takes many years. I hear constantly from many people that they grow very slowly, which is why they are not cheap fishes

my tank stocks? check out my profile and it lists whats in all my tanks

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 11-Jan-2007 04:05Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies