SubscribeRtbs
WiseIves
----------
Enthusiast
MbunaMbunaMbuna
Kudos: 180
Votes: 85
male usa
I've had an RTBS in a 30G for about 2 years now, it looks healthy as can be but my question is if I'm stunting him at all. The reason I ask is because I saw a 6" RTBS @ an LFS, while my guy is somewhere in between 3-4", Or is it that they are slow growers. He really does look good but I did get a bit jealous when I saw the one @ the LFS. Just really want to make sure my guys alright and am planning to move him to a larger tank in the near future.

By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
Socrates-
I happen to have become a philosopher
Post InfoPosted 03-Aug-2006 03:20Profile AIM PM Edit Report 
Natalie
---------------
----------
Ultimate Fish Guru
Apolay Wayyioy
Kudos: 3730
Votes: 348
female usa us-california
EditedEdited by Cory Addict

It takes more than two years for this species to reach a length of 6", and even then, not all specimens will reach that length. Six inches is considered large for Red-Tailed Black Sharks, and generally 4.5 - 5" is the general consensus for maximum size.

Your fish will be fine as long as it will be moved to a larger tank soon.

I'm not your neighbor, you Bakersfield trash.
Post InfoPosted 03-Aug-2006 04:28Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
I lost my 6ins+ RTBS after an unexplained introduced water problem. He was very happy in a 5ft tank but at that size he became very possesive of certain parts of the tank. I always felt he would have been more suitable to a far larger tank.

Have a look in [link=My Profile] http://www.fishprofiles.com/forums/member.aspx?id=1935[/link] for my tank info

Look here for my
Betta 11Gal Desktop & Placidity 5ft Community Tank Photos

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 03-Aug-2006 08:27Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
WiseIves
----------
Enthusiast
MbunaMbunaMbuna
Kudos: 180
Votes: 85
male usa
thanx, for the replies. He'll be moving within the next month. Also sorry to hear about your loss Keith seeing as how slow they grow it must have been painful to loose him, plus they are really attractive fish especially at that size IMO.

By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.
Socrates-
I happen to have become a philosopher
Post InfoPosted 05-Aug-2006 15:26Profile AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies