L# Finally decided on my stocking list for newest tank
 Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeFinally decided on my stocking list for newest tank
Francinej
Small Fry
Kudos: 3
Votes: 0
canada ca-ontario
I have a 64 g Fluval Roma with 406 filter (took carbon out of both trays and replaced with another tray of biomax and matrix and the other with purigen)
I’ve researched everything and all is compatible according to AqAdvisor and all the other info I can find... just have to watch my temperature but it doesn’t fluctuate much if at all...
Here’s my list:
1 pearl gourami (not sure on sex)
2 German blue rams (1 m, 1 f)
2 Bolivian rams (1m, 1 f)
2 angelfish hoping for 1 m and 1 f) if they don’t pair and cause too much issues I can rehome 1 if needed
6 rainbow fish (Boeseman) (2 m : 4 f)
A few oto’s (2-6ish) still undecided exactly how many

It shows I’m at 88% stocked and filter is still over 100% (plus I have a TON of bio media in it)
Now I am just trying to decide which ones to add first and I’ll be waiting roughly a week-2 weeks in between adding, although I can add every week if it will work)
Just looking for anyone with advice on which to start with and go from there...

I’m most likely going to start with the rainbows I just don’t know if I should just add all 6 or do 3 and 3... I know my cycle will handle all 6 at once... just curious if anyone has any advice on which route to go...
Open to all opinions and options however I don’t want other recommendations for dish unless you see a huge flaw that AqAdvisor missed and all my research missed... I know some will have to be at the high end and others at the low end for temp and all that...
Just looking for advice on which order to add them to obtain the most peace
Thanks!

Post InfoPosted 03-Aug-2018 20:57Profile PM Edit Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
If the rainbow fish are small enough, adding all 6 is probably not going to be much different than a few at a time.

I will point out, though, your angels may reach a size where they will eat those otos. Just something to consider for the future.....

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2018 14:12Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Francinej
Small Fry
canada ca-ontario
Thanks for pointing that out about the oto’s... I believe I am just going to keep the one I already have... I don’t think I’m going to add more... and that’s just it I’m not certain how big the rainbows will be (I don’t get my fish from a chain store, I get them from a local family owned store... I guess kind of a small chain they started with 1 and have 4 now but regardless.) I just give them my order Thursday mornings and my fish arrive the next day around 1-2 and she calls me right away and I get them before they are ever realeased into their tanks and then drip acclimate them here... sometimes they are small and other times they are a bit bigger so that’s why I was going to add 3 and 3 as to not overload my newly established cycle... I was just thinking less is better that way I don’t run into problems and if it catches up quickly or doesn’t skip a beat they place orders every week so I could get the other 3 the next week... I just worry because it’s so newly established and if I end up with some on the bigger side I don’t want to over load it and end up doing a bunch of water changes until it catches up to keep the parameters safe I think my 1 oto will be ok with the angelfish he’s pretty quick and he stays near the bottom of the tank or inside the ornaments but just in case I’ll try the one that’s already in there and see how it goes and can always add a couple more of there are no issues...
I also am going to add some amazon duckweed and hope for the best... the 406 puts out a Decent amount of surface aggitation and I had a nice bubbler (the good ones with the big bubbles not the decorative ones with the tiny bubbles that don’t do much) that was in the far corner (opposite the output) but I think I am going to get rid of it because I’m concerned about everything causing too much agitation and getting the tops of the leaves too wet and having it die.... I’m not great with any kind of plants but I’ve heard and read the pearl gourami’s reall like the dangling roots... what do you think about that? Or do you know of any other floating plants that might suit better?
Post InfoPosted 06-Aug-2018 20:06Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
moondog

---------------
---------------
The Hobnob-lin
Kudos: 1038
Votes: 4366
male usa
I've never tried floating plants so I wouldn't know what to advise you.

"That's the trouble with political jokes in this country... they get elected!" -- Dave Lippman
Post InfoPosted 07-Aug-2018 14:08Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Francinej
Small Fry
canada ca-ontario
Ok thanks anyway!
Post InfoPosted 07-Aug-2018 22:32Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies