Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeColoration?
coltsfan
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 75
Votes: 6
male usa
It was feeding time and I noticed that on my bettas gill covers he has two vertical red stripes. I was wondering if this is normal? I sure hope so because it looks awesome, and he seems happy. If I had a way to put a picture up I would, any input would be appreciated.

Justin

Colts Fan For Life
30g platy tank: 2 sunburst wag platys, 2 redtailed white calico platys, 2 red wag platys, 1 fry(not sure who it belongs to), 1 Golden CAE.
Bettas:1 VT male
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 06:39Profile PM Edit Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
im sure it is fin.

Gill covers will color up when the betta is active, thats one of the better ways of telling a wild splenden from a wild imbellis.
Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 07:41Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
Callatya

---------------
---------------
-----
The girl's got crabs!
Kudos: 5261
female australia au-newsouthwales
yes Totally normal. Annoyingly I can't find a photo, but it shows up a fair bit in more naturally coloured females and males.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks. - Terry Pratchett

Post InfoPosted 18-Jul-2007 15:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies