Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribetoo good to last... odd match
bencoastie
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 85
Votes: 1
male usa
I have had a Hatian anemone in my 55 gal since the beginning. About five months ago, I added a pink skunk anemone fish. (among MANY other things!) The anemone decided to attach itsself in a hole in the live rock after wandering around the tank for months. It stayed put for several months. Odd enough that that particular anemone would decide to plant itsself, ritght? NOOO ... Stinky (the skunk]) decided that since she was an oddball in the tank (another feel sorry for rescue), that she would "discover" this anemone, much to the shock of everyone I assure you. BTW, it took her four months to decide this was "THE ONE". Now I have to get rid of the anemone, and stinky, since it has quadrupled its size (now about 5 inches across with 3-4 inch tentacles) and decided to roam around the tank again. The roaming wouldn't be so bad, but I have quite a few corals in there that I do not want to loose to a hungry or pissy anemone!] Anyway, that is my sob story. I sure am gonna miss Stinky! maybe?
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Report 
pmdaggett
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 169
male usa
Sorry about your luck pal!! Good news for you is at least you can keep anenomies alive. I had a Rose Bubbel tip that my bigger clown just loved until it croaked for no reason in particular. My advice is to maybe move the anenome on the glass or the back of your tank. At least somewhere where your other corals won't get hurt.
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
bencoastie
----------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 85
male usa
Thanks for the suggestion, but even if I move it the thing will go wherever it pleases. I gave it to a buddy of mine with a coralless tank it will be happy in. My green carpet is fine and hasen't moved hardly at all since I've had it. Why couldn't the other cooperate?!?!? Sorry about your anemone. Did you have the right lighting, salinity, alkalinity, food, etc?
Post InfoPosted 26-Jan-2006 11:28Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies