Post Reply  New Topic
SubscribeMy best friend is gone
Mitchee
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 75
Votes: 99
female canada
My cat, my best friend of 17 years, died yesterday. I had to euthanize her, she was so sick. She's been with me through thick and thin and never asked for anyting in return. The pain and sadness I feel is crushing and only time will ease it. I will miss her terribly.

*Mitch*
Post InfoPosted 26-Nov-2007 04:22Profile PM Edit Report 
Brengun

----------
Big Fish
Kudos: 187
Votes: 110
female australia au-queensland
Unfortunately most of our pets have a much shorter lifespan than we have. I have to keep reminding myself my pets will not likely outlive me and someday I may be faced with the same decision you have made.
Condolences on your loss. Just keep remembering the good times you had and try not to dwell too much on the sickness side of things.
Post InfoPosted 26-Nov-2007 05:41Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
keithgh

---------------
---------------
*Ultimate Fish Guru*
Kudos: 6918
Votes: 1542
male australia au-victoria
Mitch

I am truly sorry as I know exactly how you fell we had to the same for three of ours not that far back. There ages ranged from 21-19 at that age they are actually family. Today I have a 12yld getting a lump removed from just behind one of her nipples and that is also being removed.
I have some good fresh table fish waiting for her to have as soon as she is ready.

Keith

Near enough is not good enough, therefore good enough is not near enough, and only your best will do.
I VOTE DO YOU if not WHY NOT?
VOTE NOW VOTE NOW
Post InfoPosted 26-Nov-2007 06:00Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Babelfish

---------------
---------------
---------------
Administrator
Small Fry with Ketchup
Kudos: 8324
Votes: 1570
female australia us-maryland
EditedEdited by Babelfish
Mitchee
My condolences I still miss my cat from when I was growing up. Ears was with me for so long, thick and thin like yours, she would always be waiting for me when I got home from school, and would try to get out of sleeping in the garage by sleeping on my bed.

We also just lost our kitten Vegemite, that looked like my cat growing up. She was lost to the neighbors dog. It still hurts months later, so I know how you feel. My suggestion, plant a tree, or flower for your cat. Make sure you have a pic of her around somewhere. And know that she was happy for living so long and being so well loved.

^_^

Post InfoPosted 26-Nov-2007 10:05Profile Homepage AIM MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Mitchee
-----
Enthusiast
Kudos: 75
Votes: 99
female canada
EditedEdited by Mitchee
Thank you all for you thoughts and wishes. It's comforting to know that you understand what I'm feeling. I'm having my vet cremate her and she'll be returned to me in a few weeks. This way, I'll always have her with me.

Thank you all again

*Mitch*
Post InfoPosted 26-Nov-2007 18:20Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
fish patty
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 223
Votes: 255
female usa
So sorry for your loss Mitchee.
Life is painful at times.
My dog is on the same trip to the vet......probably today, so I know where you're at.
Post InfoPosted 26-Nov-2007 20:16Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
DeletedPosted 26-Nov-2007 20:27
This post has been deleted
Twilight
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 76
Votes: 92
female canada
I'm so sorry, Mitch. Been there myself more than once.

*hugs*

I vote! Do you?
Post InfoPosted 26-Nov-2007 22:40Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Falstaf

----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 1211
Votes: 196
male mexico
EditedEdited by Falstaf
I'm very sorry for your loss Mitchee I totally understand how you feel, I still can't get over the death of Fizz my first cat. They are so dear and special that even with years passed they are still in your thoughts every single day.
Post InfoPosted 26-Nov-2007 23:38Profile MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
DaMossMan
----------
Fish Guru
Piranha Bait
Kudos: 2117
Votes: 359
male canada ca-ontario
Mitchee,

I'm sorry to learn of your loss and my thoughts are with you. Know that you did everything in your power to give your pet a happy long life.

your friend,
Da

The Amazon Nut...
Post InfoPosted 27-Nov-2007 02:46Profile Homepage PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies