Post Reply  New Topic
Subscribe150G Tank Needs Stocking
axil
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 1
Votes: 0
Hi,
just wanted to no what peoples thoughts were if they got a 150g tank. what would they put in it?. I was thinking maybe a colony of electra blues and yellows
cheers axl
Post InfoPosted 02-Mar-2006 07:26Profile PM Edit Report 
JYJason
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 90
Votes: 1
male usa
WIth a 150 gallon I'd go with some south Americans. Maybe a Jack Dempsey or Green or Red Terror. They get big and have great personalities. Maybe if your feeling adventorous try and electric blue jack dempsey. You'll get the color of an African and the personality of a South American.
Post InfoPosted 02-Mar-2006 17:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Inkling
-----
Fish Addict
Kudos: 498
Votes: 11
female usa
Personally, I prefer African Chichlids. They don't get very big, but are quite aggressive. ^_^

Inky
Post InfoPosted 02-Mar-2006 21:54Profile Homepage AIM PM Edit Delete Report 
funnyfish
-----
Hobbyist
Kudos: 120
Votes: 20
female usa
depending on how much u wnt to spend depends on how many and what kind of fish you should get.i truth fully like the Red Striped Killifish(Aphyosemion striatum) they are clor full and easy to care fo. They are peacefull fish and only get about 2 inches or so. there family type is the Aplocheilidae. The Red Striped Killifish is captive bred but is normally found in water holes, streams, and marshes in Africa. and The term Killy is derived from the Dutch word meaning ditch or channel, not because this fish is a killer in the aquarium. These fish are ideal fish for the community aquarium, and will add some vibrant color and activity to these aquariums. The males of this species are very brightly colored, with the body having a gold to green and pink coloration. Many horizontal red stripes adorn the body and fins of the males adding to their beauty. The female of this species are more subdued in color and form. sorry its so long but i think that pirtty much covers the fish oh ya Minimum Tank Size is 20 gallons and the Tank Conditions: 72-75°F; pH 6.0-7.5; KH 3-8 if you decide to get them i think they would be great for your tank i dont think i missed eanyhting except for there colors and they are Gold, Green, Pink and Red. well thats it.
funnyfish
Post InfoPosted 02-Mar-2006 23:03Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
jsparkman
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 101
male usa
I've got a 125 gal that originally had African cichlids (malawi) and had it filled with lots of big rocks. After I moved and finally set the tank back up I did Angels. I've got it set up with live plants and driftwood. I prefer the look of this set up over the all rock set up...a big decision would be what you want the overall tank to look like.
James
Post InfoPosted 11-Mar-2006 18:07Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
livebearerfreak
-----
Small Fry
Kudos: 5
male usa
if i had a 150 id go wit:
7 firemouths
7 convicts AKA marbles blacks and pink
1 or 2 alge eater
2 oscars
5 flower horns
2 jack dempseys ( both females so no aggression )
as for dithers id go with 12 danios

so yea thats all id do
Post InfoPosted 11-Mar-2006 20:20Profile Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
bettachris

---------------
-----
Ultimate Fish Guru
Kudos: 4173
Votes: 452
male usa
live: that is alot of fish for that size tank, as FH are not small fish, and many of them have aggressive personallities.

a lake tanganiykan set-up will look nice, with a group of frontosas.
Post InfoPosted 11-Mar-2006 20:33Profile Homepage Yahoo PM Edit Delete Report 
jsparkman
----------
Hobbyist
Kudos: 101
male usa
Yeah, what betta said...I see a whole lot of whoopin'   in that tank!
Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2006 02:22Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
Ethan14
-----
Big Fish
Kudos: 339
Votes: 18
male usa
I would most likely have either a gigantic community setup or a large aggressive south american cichlid tank.
Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2006 06:37Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
monkeyboy
----------
Fish Addict
Kudos: 375
Votes: 223
male usa
i'm actually doing that myself right now. going with angels, gouramis, algea eater and some clown loaches

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/monkeyboy000/150_setup/150g-12-09-05.jpg
I need to take updated pics

Fish tanks are an expensive addiction
Post InfoPosted 12-Mar-2006 15:02Profile PM Edit Delete Report 
r0b3y
---------------
Enthusiast
Kudos: 262
Votes: 41
male australia
with a 150 i would go african for sure!!
male display tank would look awsome. get a variety of peacocks
for example ngara, baenschi, chiloelo etc. there is plenty to choose from!! get some maybe lithobates (sulpher crest)..
some bottom feeders like yoyo loachs or clown loachs or cuckoo catfish, a pleco.. give it a nice sand base, some white rock work and u got ur self one nice display tank. try not to add females to avoid aggression n keep away from mbunas like ur zebras they can get nasty.

hth
Post InfoPosted 15-Mar-2006 15:59Profile Homepage MSN PM Edit Delete Report 
Post Reply  New Topic
Jump to: 

The views expressed on this page are the implied opinions of their respective authors.
Under no circumstances do the comments on this page represent the opinions of the staff of FishProfiles.com.

FishProfiles.com Forums, version 11.0
Mazeguy Smilies